34: [T]ender [L]oving [C]are

I'm soooo sorry. 😮‍💨 This story is so special to me because it's a simple love story with a lil drama here and there 🤥🤣 but I've been out of touch with it so updates have been slow for a while. I should've been done with this, but thank you for being patient. We're slowly nearing the end and the way I'm set up it has to be perfect and not rushed so I tend to take my time and end up stuck anyway.

Akari Jeffers"Akari?" She called as I glanced up from my sketchbook before looking back at it again to add a few more details to the third sketch of her

Akari Jeffers
"Akari?" She called as I glanced up from my sketchbook before looking back at it again to add a few more details to the third sketch of her. I usually sketched pretty fast in case whatever I was looking at/sketching changed positions or moved in any kind of way, but I always went back in later to clean it up to create the perfect picture.

Gwendolyn was beautiful and she'd dropped a little weight, but I knew her insecurities about her body and herself didn't fade away just because she'd dropped a few pounds. I'd asked her grandmother her dress and shoe size because some women weren't comfortable telling you their age, weight, or what size clothes they wore. If anyone knew Gwendolyn's size it'd be Miss Gwen because they shopped together and they were that close.

"Babe the temperature dropped. I'm freezing. You couldn't sketch me inside sitting on the sofa?" She asked. I smirked as I kept my attention on the sketch. She huffed and I chuckled because it was just like her to be dramatic. What used to annoy me was suddenly cute to me.

Maybe it was because I was lovestruck. Something I'd been since day one. It was different now that she was mine. It seemed like every time we tried to pursue anything something would always happen. I started thinking that the universe was trying to tell me that getting with her wasn't the right move. When things kept happening when we actually did make it official I'd thought about breaking up with Gwendolyn just to spare her the constant headaches. A heartbreak was no better but I couldn't keep allowing Celeste to make her miserable just because she was with me nor did I want her to look at me and see a demon seed because of what my....father tried to do to her.

"Kari I'm cold." She sighed.

"Done." I closed my sketchbook. I had a large and a small one that I doodled I'm from time to time if I wasn't painting on a canvas. The small one wasn't enough to display her beauty in so I'd gone with the large sketch book.

"Finally." She pulled herself to her feet and wasted no time heading inside my place. I followed her inside watching as she scurried to my bedroom. A short time later she came out in a pair of my socks, my hoodie, and my sweats. "Don't get me wrong I love the dress but you couldn't pick a better time for me to wear it? Let's say umm..." She looked up at the ceiling, pretending to think. "When it was warm?"

I chuckled and dropped my head for a second before looking back up.

"Can I at least see it?" She asked, walking toward me with her arms wrapped around herself to warm herself up.