Shorts: Puberty's Favorite

Mulai dari awal

"Yeah, she said to go on ahead of her." Shawn pitches in.

"Y'all aint foolin me, but as long as she aight. I guess I'll be watchin yall for her." Marcus leaves the two boys with pouts. They thought Nana was bad with her babying, Marcus was worst. He embarrassed them all the time in front of girls. He treated them like babies, and it ruined the reputation they were trying to build for themselves.

"C'mon." He urges for them to follow him to his group of friends who were drinking and smoking.

"Yall know my little bros." 

"How could we forget? He always tryna make moves on my girl." One of the friends points his cup towards Deon's direction.

"Not my fault she feelin me." Deon shrugs his shoulders and looks over at Grace, who is paying him no type of mind.

"Deondre, cut it out. She too old for you." Marcus shakes his head. If there's one thing Marcus would do is make sure the boys stayed in a kids place. Annoyingly so.

"Uh oh. Your girlfriend just showed up." Marcus slaps Shawn's chest and points towards the gate door. Deon turns his head in confusion while Shawn turns his head in curiosity. Who could Marcus be talking about?

There she was, holding a towel around her waist, walking in with a bunch of girls from the hood and at their school. They talk as they walk in to the park not paying attention to the attention they've gained. 

"She is NOT my girlfriend." Shawn crosses his arm over his chest with annoyance at the never ending jokes the two teen gained from their situation. It wasn't because people wanted them together but cause everyone knew he was mad at her. She dumped a bucket of paint on him, and they haven't even had a normal conversation without an argument breaking out. That's where the whole thing 'arguing like a couple' came from.

"I wonder when you'll get over that." One of Marcus friends shakes his head.

"Never." Is Shawn's quick response.

"She said she was sorry." Marcus adds in.

"So?" 

"Such a baby." Marcus pulls on Shawn's cheek making the red flushed boy to smack his hand away. Marcus laughs before he stops and waves his hand in the air.

"Meg!" He calls her over making Shawn glare up at him.

"What? She still my niece." Megan takes her time walking over as she is speaking with her friends still, and talking to those who speak to her who are already in the pool.

"Why are you here, you weirdo?" Megan glares her eyes at her uncle then at his friends, who are over 20 hanging around teenagers. There are young adults who came to swim today, but in the kids eyes this man in 30 years old.

"Girl, if you don't go on with that bullshit. I was just tryna let you know I was here. There's people here my age too. Mind ya own." Marcus pushes her forehead back and she does turn and walk away with her friends to the junior pull. She's been ignoring Shawn's existence in order to create peace within herself. She finally cut those negative friends off, Shawn was soooo close to being next.

"And you." A finger is pointed in Shawn's face.

"Got a staring problem."

"Do not." He fights back against the guy who loves to bring a reaction out of him. 

"Yeah, you do."

"Deon!" Another voice yells from the other side of the gate... Trey.

"Hold on, I'll be back. I won't leave you hanging for too long." Deon runs over to meet with his other best friend who is dressed in normal day wear to get in the pool.