Chapter 29: Stolen Pills

Megan Pov:

"No, don't leave." I whine clinging onto Shawn's body after he laid me down on my bed. Weird, I never considered myself the clingy type but here I am.

The deep chuckle that escapes his throat makes me let him go like he was fire. He finds it funny which is no problem but that was out of character of me.

"No, Pretty, come back. I'm sorry, but it was cute and hard to resist." I roll to where my back faces him and cross my arms.

"I don't know who that person was just now."

"My girlfriend. It's okay, I didn't mind it."

"You want a clingy whiner?" It came out as sarcasm.

"Hey, I'm happy to know that I'm bringing these new sides of you out. You're comfortable with me and want me around."

The sweet talker is making the embarrassment sink away, and roll to take a peek at him.

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. I want to be trapped by you in the bed and such. It's cute." He leans down and gives me a peck on the lips, then another before he sits up.

"So where are you going anyway?" I ask noticing that he's still in his school clothes while I'm changed already.

I was woken up when I got home and changed my clothes, and I'm ready to get back to sleep but only if he stays with me.

"I'll be right back." He kisses my lips then my forehead then pulls away again. "Get so rest. I'll be back in here with you."

I guess he doesn't want me to know, but I have a guess.

"If you go, you given 'im what they want." I say that as he pulls the door open.

"I know." He whispers before leaving me in the room by myself.

The silence is loud as sleep departed from me after knowing where he's going.

"No, no, no. You live under this roof, and you follow my rules." Nana voice booms.

I can't hear the responses as Shawn never raises his voice at her. He's a mammas boy but for nana. It's sweet.

"Shawn, you ain't no fool. You walkin in there blind. They put you out not the other way around. If they want to speak to you, they come to you. They know where I live. I said what I said but if you go anyway after I said not to, expect the consequences."

A few minutes go by and silence takes over again. I hold my breath to try and hear the smallest sounds from the other side of my door.

And I heard it.

The front door opened then closed.

I pray to God that that wasn't Shawn to still left. How bad could this situation be if he's willing to go back to them?

There's a knock at my door. It could be Nana or Shawn, and whoever it is will answer my question.

"Megan, it's Nana." She opens the door, and sighs out loud. "I couldn't stop him." A soft chuckle leaves her mouth.

"I tried to talk him out of it earlier but I guess it was useless." I pat my bed to let Nana know to come sit.

"Last time he left to go talk with them, he came back packing his bags. I don't think I can go through that again." Nana shakes her head at the memory.

"Soooo, you was bluffin bout his punishment?" I ask quite curious as to what it could be.

"Hell nah. I never joke bout such things. He gon come back and find somethin missin.