Chapter 16: Mov-in Day

Shawn Pov:

"Damn, 3 hours and it's all finally clean." I wipe the sweat off my forehead. Them hoes ain't cleaned shit is something Megan would say if she saw this room. The only thing 'clean' here was the bed, which was still wrinkly.

I also found out they had been in the kitchen. My dad's missing a few beers, and I know he didn't drink them because he only drinks one beer on Sundays, and they've barely been home.

"Fuckers." I mumble under my breath flopping onto the bed.

Boom.

I sit up quick when I hear a door open. There's laughter and giggling outside the door. Oh no, I'm gonna have to find a way to sneak out. But they're gonna know someone was here with those beers gone.

"What's wrong, dear?" I hear my mom ask my dad.

"It feels a bit off, doesn't it?"

"Don't be silly."

"But I'm not."

"Are you trying to scare me?" She giggles.

"Nah, that's too much of a waste time." Well I'll be damned. I hear my mother shriek.

"How rude of you?" Now you guys get the picture of how my parents are. Rude and Bitchy to each other. They're perfect for each other, honestly.

"Maybe Shawn's home?" I hear my mother suggest.

"Shawn! Get your ass out here boy!" Here we go. I walk out the room closing the door slowly after me.

"Shawn! If you're here, I swear to God-!" He stopped yelling when he saw me.

"Oh, you are." My mother cheers. I stare at them as they stare at me. My mother is fluffing up her hair trying to ignore the growing tension in the room as my dad has his arms crossed staring at me.

"Aren't you going to say good morning to your parents?"

"Go-" He cuts me off.

"Speak up, boy!" He shouts sternly.

"Good morning!" I felt myself deflate in disappointment. I can't keep doing this if I want to date Megan. I refuse to just obey their every demand.

"Preston? How've you been honey?" My mom asks me. It took my whole being not to yell at her about the name she called me. 

"Your mother asked you a question." I hate this man with my whole being.

"Why are you guys here?" I ask instead.

"What? You don't want us around?" 

"That's the thing, you never are."

"Well, your mother and I have decided that we want to spend more time with you now that you're about to graduate high school." There's no way he actually means that, right? Because that would mean they waited until it was time for me to leave home before they actually want to get to know their own child.

"Too late for that cause I want nothing to do with you. The both of you."

"What did we tell you about that dinner a few nights ago? You're our son, you will listen to us!"

"You didn't raise me, you don't have the right to give me orders like that!" I'm getting worked up over a conversation we've had since I was a little kid. I don't even know why I bother at this point anymore. 

"Is this behavior because of that girl that Rebecca told us about?" Of course he'd ask that even though this is not my first time having this conversation.