Chapter 32: Graduates of 1979!

Megan's Pov:

"Students if you could please move your tassel from the right to the left." Excite bubbles in me when I move mine to the side. 

"Congratulations, Class of 1979! You have graduated!" Cheers in the dome erupt as me and the rest of my class throw their caps up into the air. The sounds of our parents and families echoes in our ears too.

 The sounds of our parents and families echoes in our ears too

"We did it!"

"Mommy, I did it!"

"We passed!"

"Finally!"

"I'm going to miss you!"

Cheers, laugher, crying, and yelling can echoes in my ears as I quickly scour the crowd of students to find my friends, my family. Tears falling down my face as it's hitting me. 

We're done.

But it's no where near over.

The search for my cap gives me the best distraction from crying. Even though when I found it, it failed me.

Megan!" A body lifts me off the ground and spins me in the air. 

"Deon." I cry onto his shoulder. He just laughs when he hugs me, patting me on the head.

"Don't cry yet. Come on, don't ruin your makeup." He rubs my back. "Monica gon get you. So fix yo face and smile. We can cry later." I can do this. Easy peasy. I can make it through without crying. 

I dab my face with the tissue I had earlier when I was tearing up. Deon coaches me through it to help calm my nerves.

"Deon!" 

"My boy!"  

And they hug each other like I've never seen before. It isn't their typical bro hug, but just a hug. A tight hug where I don't think they want to let the other go even though we'll be going to the same house afterwards.

"Dude, we actually graduated." Why does he sound surprised?

"We did, and now..."

Deon right now: