Shorts: Tricked to Kiss

No one's POV:                                                                                                                                                                          10 year old Megan and Shawn.

"That doesn't make any sense." A young Meg tells her aunts who have been giggling the entire conversation. It's late at night, and the crickets are chirping loud outside. There's been some blue going on in the house.

"Girl, yes it do. You just too young to understand it." One of the aunts, Brenda, dismisses her argument.

"But, not every kiss means that someone is getting married. My mamma not married and she kisses my daddy." She argues back trying to prove them wrong, though her argument doesn't exactly make sense in the conversation.

"Yeah, but it could lead to marriage. You almost at the age where you can get a husband. If you marry him then he could stay forever." Well, when she put it that way, it makes sense to Megan.  All she could do was think extra hard to decide if this is a good idea or not.

"If I do it, he won't leave? Like we can continue to be friends and hang out?" She asks now considering it. She doesn't want to lose her friend, and he's way better to hang around than Deon... sometimes because he can be so mean.

"Yes, one kiss and that's it. He'll never want to leave." The other aunt, Debra, adds in.

What led to this conversation was Shawn parent's have made a judgement on the time that he spend at Nana's house. It's been a hard couple of days on the family as they have been going back and forth reassuring the 'negligent parents' that Shawn is being well taken care of regardless of who he is with. 

If Nana can't get those parents to consider the good she has offered and will continue to do so, then Shawn would have to stay at Rebecca's when his parents are away, and when Nana has gone home for the night.

"He'll stay?" She ask again to be sure.

"Yes, he'll never want to leave. Make yourself a reason why he stays, girl." Debra pats her shoulder encouraging her.

"Okay. I'll do it." Megan says holding her hands up in fists, determined. She's made it her mission to kiss her best friend so that he doesn't have to be stuck with his biggest enemy. Though, a thought strikes her.

"But how do I kiss-" Aunt Debra cuts her off.

"Just put your lips on his. That's it." She tells the youngin, also using her fingertips to demonstrate lips touching. With a nod in understanding, Megan stands to go save her friend. 

"Okay, I'll go find him. He's kinda shy so I'll do it when we're alone." She tell them so he won't have to worry about embarrassment. Meg knows that he turns red super fast over anything, and then suddenly can't talk properly. She always thought it's weird that he can turn into the rainbow but tolerate him anyway.

"Okay, we understand." Aunt Brenda tells her with a giggle, and aunt Debra hides her smile. She returns it, smiling at them and gives them a thumbs up. Grateful that they're trying to help her, help Shawn, and Nana. When her back is turned as she walks down the hallway, she hears their whispers.

"They'll thank us in the future."

"She already so protective of him."

"I just know he'll be happy she made the first move." 

"Take that Charles, you bastard."

A girl on a mission: kiss Shawn to convince him to stay. If Megan goes through with it then Nana won't be so stressed about what's going on, and Shawn could tell to his parents that he feels safe here. At the moment, he's about to cave in because of how mean his parents are being to his Nana. So... Megan is a girl on a mission to save her family.