Chapter 41: Schedule Delays

Shawn's Pov:

"Cadets! Fall in line!"

Heavy boots stomps echoes in our hallway as everyone follows are commanders orders. In our hall where are rooms are. There's men who stands in line in front of me, and beside me. Our backs are to the wall so we can give our commander all of our attention.

It's week 3 of bootcamp, and it's the start of our second phase in our training. I thought the last two weeks were work but this week takes the cake. 

Our daily routine:

- Wake up at 4:30 in the morning.

- Be ready by 5 to stand in formation.

- Physical training at 5 am to 7 am

- Eat breakfast around 7:30

- Put my uniform on (which I'm currently doing )

- Train with our drill sergeant 

- Lunch at noon

- More training

- Cleaning

- Then dinner

- Then sleeping

That's how my schedule has been for the week, and no amount of camp could have prepared me for the real deal. We woke up at the same hours but never did we work out this much. If I could go back in time during those camps then I'd ace everything that was given to me, but this? This is putting me through a test, a test I plan to pass. 

"There's been a delay in the schedule!" 

"Martins!"

"Sir, yes, sir!" Everyone speaks in unison.

"Drop and give me 20." Harris Martins drops down and starts doing his push-ups.

"Yes, sir!"

Myself and people in my peripheral vision fixes their posture so we're not next to push ups or whatever he plans to make us do.

"Back to what I was saying!" He walks past people getting so close in their face yelling. Worst thing is catching flying spit. 

"Lunch will be pushed back to 1! But still report to cafeteria at the designated time!" This little man's voice boom down this long hallway. He speaks with his mouth wide open that veins pop out on the side of his neck.

"What is it, Kim?!" Did someone make a questioned face at the commander?

"Why is there a delay, sir?"

"Drop and give me 20!" Gregory Kim drops to the floor and starts doing his push ups 

"Anyone else want to question me?!"

"Sir, no, sir!" All men speak in unison.

"Alright! Get back to work!" More like finish getting dressed.

I'm just glad I don't have to train for an extra hour before getting something to eat. Training with my drill sergeant won't be as bad as training after lunch, so I get ready quick to get this part of the day over with. I put on my entire camouflage work out uniform on and head out to meet the drill sergeant.

"Micheals!"

"Sir, yes, sir!"

"Since you think shit is funny, give me 10 laps around the yard!"

"Sir," It comes out weak. "Yes sir." We've been here for three weeks and I still can't believe some people don't take this serious like we have fun but not during training.