Chapter 39: A Speed Through

No One's Pov:
(A bit over a year later)

Months have passed on, and our high school graduates have started thinking like adults. Preparation for college took a toll on everyone in the parties family, but exciting to experience.

Monica and Lu will be heading to University of Texas at Arnolds which is in their hometown. The two would be closer to home so the move into a dorm would be easier than most, we could say. 

Monica has finally confessed that her break up with Anthony had to do with lies within their relationship. He had never had a crush on Monica but, in fact, on Megan so everything he would say was out of jealousy. In his mind, if he dated Monica it would catch Megan's attention.

Despite, this being long ago, Monica is finally ready to find love, true love. Nothing like with Miguel or Anthony. She has met someone at her freshman orientation who she likes as a friend but she could see herself being more than that. Her motto is: 'He will come to me'.

Lu has hung out with the gang all summer and can officially call Mrs. Jones, Nana. Shown much love by the family, it's normal for her to even be over sometimes. 

Coiya has it a bit more difficult than the rest as she has to travel up to the Mid-Atlantic region with so much luggage, and just the travel there. 

Now here is the couple's savior, Deon promises to get his associates at the community college then transfer to Howard University to reunite with Coiya to get his bachelors. That's the deal that made things work in their relationship

For the real deal, Shawn's mom upheld her part of the bargain, and Megan got into Miradine University, and also into their prestigious writing program. The news excited her but she couldn't share it with the one person who cheered for her the most. 

Shawn has been working at a desk job and also as patrol officer. This is only a temporary position before he goes to basic training and be sent out to his branch to do his real work. He's written tons of letters to his Nana, and Deon. 

Even after such a bittersweet 'see you later' between him and Megan, they have barely spoken to each other since. One letter has been exchanged between them and it was to let him know she got into Miradine, and into that program. Shawn jumped for glory when he read that, but never did send one back. He couldn't bring himself to.

Some weeks before school started, Shawn has a short visit due to a family death on his side, and came running to see his Nana ( and secretly to see Megan) before he would have to return to base. He only had 1 day off before he'd have to go back, and the run was awkward. 

"Hey."

"Hi." 

That was it. Nothing else was said.

These blubbering idiots acted like virgins who couldn't even look at each other. Of course, Deon was to the rescue and got his share of Shawn's love. Nana joined in too catching the holy spirit. Truth be told, they didn't think they'd see him until he was thirty. 

It was a short homecoming before he had to leave back to the train station. 

This was during the year 1979, the current year is 1980. A new era.

Our college freshman's have now become sophomores, and lets just say things are going better for some more than others.

Coiya and Deon: their relationship has become an on and off thing due to distance and trust issues. It's grown some insecurities in both of their daily lives, and summer is ending soon, and they still haven't completely solved their problems. This is just a test that they'll go through in their relationship.