Chapter 19 ~ Mending Ties

Okay, sorry for purposely leaving ya'll here for 4 days on such a cliffhanger.

Anyways I'm just saying free pulls are really something? I got 5 4 stars and (a double today!)

Including Lower Kanade!! (I didnt know that one was perm?!) And Nomad Ena!! (I tend to use song names lol, unless I really am obsessed with the set, and I'll give it a 'creative' name.)

Spoilers:

So yeah no we're not starting with Tsukasa or Rui today because here is another cliffhanger you have to take ;)

"Nene-chan?" I said as I went through the bushes to our usual lunch spot.

"Oh, hi, Emu." She replied, fiddling with her food.

"Where's Tsukasa-kun and Rui-kun?" I asked, sitting down on the floor.

She looked up. "Tsukasa messaged us a minute ago that he wasn't going to eat with us."

I nodded, "And what about Rui-kun?"

"Tsukasa said he has to clear up something with Rui, so he's probably with him."

I tilted my head, "Clear up something?"

She shrugged, "Probably had an argument or something... I don't know. He didn't tell us specifically."

"Oh." I said, thinking.

Nene suddenly turned quiet and mumbled, "You don't think it's that photo thing... Right?"

"About the popular girl...?"

"Mhm. You don't think it is that, do you?" She whispered.

I sighed. "...It's possible."

"I'm worried about them..." She mumbled again, playing with rice grains once more.

"Hey, cheer up!" I put my hands on my hips, "I think they're gonna be fine!"

She blinked a few times before looking at me, "Huh- Huh?!"

I grinned. "I can tell that Tsukasa-kun trusts Rui-kun a lot, and Rui-kun relies on Tsukasa-kun. They need each other, Nene-chan, it's really really obvious. Do you seriously think they're going to part ways because of a stupid, silly, dumb photo?"

She smiled back, sighing in relief. "Ah... Right... I kinda forgot about that..."

"There's nothing to worry about. I'm sure they'll be fine!" I exclaimed, keeping my grin, "Come on, wonderhoi with me! Wonderhoi~☆!!"

"Wonderhoi...☆!" She did it back, quietly.

"Hehe~" I giggled.

Nene turned away and mumbled. "You always think positively... As expected, Emu."

She seemed to blush a bit. Was she embarrassed while saying that?

I continued, ignoring what I just saw, "Plus, when they need help, they'll ask us. It's going to be fine!"

"That's true..." She said as her smile grew wider.

I giggled. "See! You're smiling a lot too, now!"

"Thanks, Emu." She looked away again.

"I also have something to tell you..."

I blinked twice. "Hm?"

"I like you, a lot, and I don't mean it platonically, Emu..."

~

Silence wavered between us for a while. Tsukasa's mouth opened, then closed again, as if trying to say something, but couldn't. I knew I had to be the one to say something first.