Chapter 18 ~ Between the Silence

Be grateful I wrote this quickly to celebrate 100+ votes lmao

Tbh that's quite an achievement

I did not expect that much when I first started to write it

Implied Mizuena this chapter, also I'm sorry if I accidentally typed Mizuki as a 'she' cuz that's a mistake I make sometimes (I suck at pronouns ;-;)

Anyway, no despairing (yet) guys

I need to give them some more time to bond AND make them lovey-dovey before something happens.

Mizuki raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Oh, that same Tsukasa that you've been all mushy about?"

"It's not like you don't get mushy when you talk about Ena." I shot back.

"Hmph." They crossed their arms and looked away, pretending to be angry.

"Mushy?" Hina blinked in confusion, "Wait, Rui, you got a new boyfriend?"

"Yeah..." I muttered quietly.

Mizuki was the only person who knew I was in a relationship with Tsukasa. I told them because they were the only person I could fully trust - aside from Tsukasa. It also makes sense for Hina not to know. Mizuki really is trustworthy, huh.

"Alright, alright. So, what's up with Tsukasa?" Mizuki tilted their head.

"Is he okay?" Hina asked, concern shown on her face.

I sighed, remembering how upset Tsukasa was, "He saw something that looked like... like I was cheating on him."

"Interesting!" Mizuki grinned, "Sounds like some high school drama movie! I'd watch it!"

Hina shot Mizuki a look, "Mizuki, it's really not the time for jokes."

"Okay, okay! Just saying the obvious." Their grin disappeared, "You didn't really cheat on him, did you?"

I shook my head, "No! Of course not. But... It looked like that."

Hina spoke up, after thinking for a while, "Did you try talking to him? Like, explaining everything?"

I sighed, "He's hurt- No, devastated. I tried talking to him already... He was too hurt to listen."

"Then make him, duh." Mizuki said, rolling their eyes.

"How am I meant to do that?" I asked.

"Simple. Confront him. If he doesn't listen, then yell until he does."

I was taken aback, "Won't that make it worse?"

They shrugged. "I learnt that method in a high school drama series."

Hina frowned, "Mizuki! It's not funny!"

"But it does work." They said, and instantly, they were getting looks from both me and Hina. "Stop looking at me like that! At least it worked between me and Ena."

"I might consider that..." I mumbled, "Anyway, thanks for your help, the both of you."

(A/N: Spoilers - he won't do it. Not even consider. He CAN'T shout at Tsukasa)

"You're welcome!" Hina exclaimed as I stood up.

"I'm going home now." I said, walking towards the school gates as Mizuki and Hina waved at me.

I wished I could talk to Tsukasa as soon as possible.

But that wish didn't come anytime soon.

Tsukasa hasn't shown up at school for a week.