Chapter 15 ~ The Spread of the Secret

JINSEI MINNA BAKA KAWAII!!

YES FINALLY I NANDESU IS ON SPOTIFY!! ENA!!!!!

(I'm gonna be talking about leaks at the end of the chapter)

I tried more description is this chapter (with a little help from google and chat gpt) and it uhm kinda failed i think.

A tension was sensed among us. We were all staring at each other silently. Kosuke and Makoto exchanged glances. Rui changed, yes he did. Everyone can see it, unless they're really dumb. But it seems like Kosuke and Makoto had never thought that Rui would actually befriend Tenma.

Makoto broke the silence, "But why? Why now, after all this time? Why does he suddenly want to befriend Tenma? I don't get it."

I shrugged, "People change, Makoto. Maybe he felt guilty. Maybe he saw something in Tenma that he didn't see before. Who knows?"

Kosuke frowned and shook his head, "I still don't understand. I just don't understand why Rui would... Maybe Tenma tricked him, manipulated him or something? That makes the most sense to me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Hm? That's interesting... But I doubt it. Tenma's smart, and he has good grades. That's true. But a master manipulator? That manipulated a genius? I don't think so. Plus, we can see that he's genuine in his friendship with Rui."

The two sat in silence for a moment. What I said was sinking into their minds. If Rui truly wanted to be friends with Tenma...

Makoto cleared his throat. "So, what do we do now?"

I smirked, "Well, isn't it obvious? We'll test him."

Kosuke tilted his head. "Test him? How?"

"Simple," I began, glancing at my friends. "We make him choose."

Kosuke nodded slowly, understanding what I meant. "Between us and Tenma."

I laughed softly. "Exactly. Let's see where Rui's loyalties really lie~"

We exchanged looks. A plan was formed, and we would soon find out what Rui's real intentions were... And that's when Makoto got a notification on his phone.

"Who is it?" Kosuke asked.

Makoto shrugged. "It's an unknown contact... That picture, is she... Mio Yoshida?"

"Mio Yoshida, like Rui's ex who I dared him to date?! She messaged you?!" I said loudly.

Makoto narrowed his eyes, "What's so surprising?"

"It's just that, I didn't think she would take an interest in you..." I said as I looked away.

Makoto ignored me and stared at his phone. I took a glance. The last message was something like 'Don't send it to anybody else, alright?' I couldn't catch what was in the image above, though.

"Makoto, what is it?" Kosuke asked.

He gasped loudly, then stayed silent, as if he was processing something.

"Guys, look..." He said as he showed us the photo. Although the message said not to show anyone, I knew Makoto would, because he could never keep secrets.

But, I wasn't expecting what I saw.

It was a photo of Rui and Tenma kissing.

They were kissing.

We stayed silent.

"What the hell?!" Kosuke finally broke.

"Wait, hold on a minute. Maybe it was just a photo of that time when you dared Rui to kiss Tenma?" Makoto looked at me.