Chapter 29 ~ Beneath the Workbooks

Hello people so... yall asked for this

I genuinely dont know how this got so much attention but hey- thanks!!

I might pull out a rewrite tbh but wow i didnt expect 40k+ reads and 600+ like on this...

Anywaysss

(Guys this is written back in November its like skill issues erm)

😭😭😭

I sat up from the bed and rubbed my eyes.

Where was I?

Where I was, was just a normal bedroom, there was a bed, a bedside table with a calendar saying it's the weekend today. The only special things were two robots sitting right beside the door and somebody's university uniform hanging on it.

Talking about universities, I was able to get into the same university as Rui. I was able to get into the same year group and not have to do the first year, since I was smart enough. I was told to rest until the Christmas holidays were over, though, fortunately.

Anyway, I knew instantly that I was in Rui's actual bedroom. I could see that he rarely comes up here, though. It was too tidy and too clean.

He must've brought me up here when I fell asleep in the garage.

He's been working on Christmas robots lately for no reason. I mean, it's his hobby. So technically it's the reason. Plus, it's almost the start of December. Can I really blame him?

But has he been sleeping down there again?!

I picked up my glasses, stood up, walked to the door and was about to turn the knob and find Rui until I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. The only messy spot in the room.

I sighed and went to tidy it up. It was a dump of books. More specifically, the workbooks we had in high school. I piled them up and put them next to the bedside table. There was something gray - some gray and old paper - sticking out, though.

It wouldn't hurt to take a look, right?

I lifted up the pile of books and took out the papers. It was a torn-out part of the newspaper, and it wasn't just one. It seems like they were all the same article, all about the same thing.

A picture from one of them caught my eye. It was very blurred, but I could make out that there was a truck... It looked pretty serious. But why did Rui have this?

I glanced at the date. 16th of August 20XX. A small gasp was heard from me soon after, realizing that this was the date after, well... I got hit.

Yet it made me even more curious. Why did Rui keep this? Why keep this to remind himself of what happened? Why?

Some parts of the newspaper were even highlighted or underlined with a red pen. It made me even more confused than I had been.

That was when I decided to read the article, one by one...

~

There was a small knock on the door. "Rui?" The voice said.

There was another knock, this time, it was stronger. "Rui? I'm coming in."

The door creaked open, as I stepped off my mattress, "Tsukasa-kun? What is it?"

He closed the door and leaned on it, his arms crossed, while holding some kind of paper. "How come you haven't told me this?" He snapped.