Chapter 27 ~ Reunion

Hi guysss

Have yall been waiting for long now?

For this chapter?

:))

Anyway just read it already XDXDD

For some reason, my whole body felt numb. I felt numb.

My eyes felt sticky. It's like the senses just came to me after a deep, long nap.

I tried my best to open my eyes, eventually it worked.

There were machines beeping all around me, and wires on my hands. I was sitting on a bed... An adjusted one just to make me sit, I suppose.

I blinked twice before noticing there was a person with purple hair and teal streaks lying next to my hand, holding it whilst sleeping.. He looked peaceful.... And that he didn't sleep much.

"...Rui...?" I muttered, softly.

It jolted him awake, but seemed to take him seconds, or even minutes to process it.

As to processing what, I wasn't sure. I just called his name, what's there to process?

He finally looked at me, in uncertainty and doubt. I stared back at him, until he finally sat back and leant on his chair. He was still holding my hand.

"...Tsukasa-kun." He started slowly, "Tell me that I am not dreaming. Tell me this is reality."

Confused, I tilted my head.

"Tell me that you are really, really awake."

He squeezed my hand tightly. I could see that he was tearing up.

"Rui- What do you mean-? I don't understand..." The sentence trailed off.

"No, you don't need to understand. Not yet. Just answer me." He looked straight into my eyes, "Are you really awake? Really, really in your senses?"

I frowned at him, "...Yes? But why? Why did you ask that?""

He only shook his head and whispered my name, "Tsukasa-kun..."

"Rui, you can't just not tell me." I said.

"You..." He looked away, "Trust me. You don't want to know."

"Rui... Where am I?" I asked, after my instincts told me I wasn't at home. "No... that question wasn't necessary. I'm in the hospital, aren't I?"

He looked upset. "I don't need to answer that question, do I?"

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"..."

"Rui. I'm asking you a question. Why am I here?" My voice was serious.

He looked at me, still not answering my question. "What was the last thing you remember?"

I sighed, thinking. "...We were sitting on a bench below the sun and you were petting a cat? The cat I spotted?"

He seemed surprised. "That's all?"

I blinked. "Yeah? Is there something that I've forgotten?"

"Ah- No, no. I was just surprised that... You remembered everything."

That's what he says, but I knew he was lying.

But I decided not to question it. Not just yet.

"Tsukasa-kun. What month do you think it is?" He asked suddenly.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's August, or September... Is it not?"

He shook his head again, "No... It's November, and..."

"And?"

A deep breath was taken, and we stayed silent for a few seconds, until Rui finally opened his mouth and mumbled, "It's November two years after... The accident. What happened that day."

"Two years?" I almost yelled. Two years?!

"It must've felt like a small nap for you..." He continued to mumble.

"What was the accident...?" I could see from Rui's reaction that he didn't want to talk about it, but I had to ask.

"..."

It was my turn to squeeze his hand "Rui. I would know one day anyway. Why not just tell me?"

"..."

I was starting to get frustrated. "Rui."

"You really don't want to know, Tsukasa-kun." He countered, although his voice was soft.

I sighed again. "I want to. No matter how horrible it was, I want to. I know something bad, terrible happened, and I want to embrace and accept it."

He was about to say something to object, but gave up. "Fine." He said, and I smiled ever so slightly.

He took a deep breath and looked at me, his voice full of guilt. "...You were hit by a truck."

I lost my ability to speak. "Wha-..."

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Nono, don't apologize... It definitely wasn't your fault." I looked into his eyes, "But how...?"

"The cat jumped off my lap... And so I chased after it..." He whispered, his voice getting quieter and quieter by each word.

I took a guess, "...Then a truck almost hit you - but I decided to jump in and save you... Am I right?"

"Do you remember?" He asked.

I shook my head, "It was just a guess."

"I'm... sorry. I shouldn't have..." He said, tears starting to cloud his eyes, "I should have ran after the cat before looking... I shouldn't have hurt you... I-..."

I squeezed his hand again so he'd look at me. "Rui, don't blame it on yourself, okay...?" I smiled at him, "You didn't mean it, and that's what matters to me. Plus, it was my choice to save you. I made that choice, so don't blame it on yourself, alright?"

He moved his head up and down, wiping away the tears at the corner of his eyes. "Got it... I guess."

"Now, now..." I looked at Rui and giggled a bit, "I may look fine, but shouldn't you call the doctor?"

His eyes widened a bit in realization, "Oh, right-!"

A doctor came as Rui called just so they could check up on me. But I wasn't ready to be discharged yet. They said I need rehabiliation for a period of time, but I'm fine with it. I mean, it's expected, although Rui looked a bit upset because of it. It's obvious he wants to get me out of here and spend the time we lost back together.

Rui also told Emu, Nene, Toya, Saki and my family to come. Everyone was happy about the reunion, and I was happy too.

"Onii-chan! It's great to have you back!" Saki had said, hugging me, at the verge of tears, just like Rui. "Do you know how much we all missed you?! A lot! I'm so grateful to have you back!!"

"Tsukasa-senpai, it's great to know that you have woken up. We all missed you. Welcome back." Toya had said, politely.

Toya asked Akito to come as well, "Uhm... Welcome back... I suppose..." He had said, with his usual attitude.

"Tsukasa-kun-!!" Emu shouted when she entered the room, almost crying. "We waited so looong!! We waited so looooooong, Tsukasa-kun!! Why haven't you woken up earlier?!! We missed you so, so, so, so, sooooo much!!"

"Welcome back, Tsukasa... And... Ignore Emu... If you can." Nene had said, while sighing happily while seeing Emu jump over to me just so she could hug me.

My family had spent a whole long time talking to me, for example, something like, "How are you feeling?" "Can you move alright?" "You need some rest, Tsukasa."

I smiled at almost every sentence. I was happy I had them as family, as friends, as lovers.

I was lucky to have them.

1146 words

:)

Okay i have nothing to say so bye :D