Chapter 25 ~ Hope

A pretty much useless chapter but whatever

guys help should I pull for portray yourself Ena set-

I have like 3k rn and I still have to use some for energy bonus for tiering (current rank: 9xx)

I think i might (if i grind) get 9k in time but is it even worth it ;-;

Anyway this chapter is useless now just read it

Spoiler: no one is waking up yet

I groaned, in the most quiet way possible, entering the gates of the school. It was the first day after summer break.

I didn't want to go to school.

Not without Tsukasa.

Just as I took one step inside, everyone I walked past stayed quiet and were giving me side eyes. Just like before. Just like when I was in middle school. But the reason is different, it's not because I'm a weirdo, not because I'm the genius who skips every class.

Because of what happened two weeks ago.

I sighed, ignoring the people around me. Some were talking, and some were giving me sympathetic looks. I couldn't care less anyway.

I mean, who wouldn't know? It was everywhere on the news. Online, in the newspapers. Everywhere. Everyone knows what happened that day, and how there wasn't a driver.

I knew this would happen, and I prepared myself for it, but it still is uncomfortable.

I had no intention to go to class... So I went up to the rooftop, filled with a lot of different, good and bad memories.

I sat down in front of the fence.

There was only one thing I knew right now.

I miss Tsukasa.

Suddenly the door to the rooftop opened with a creak. A voice was heard. "Oh? This sure does remind me of the rooftop moments in middle school."

I don't need to turn around to know who it is. I've been hearing that voice since middle school. "...What are you doing here, Mizuki?"

They didn't answer my question. "Everyone knows what happened."

I sighed. "I know."

"So you do." They said, sitting beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I knew you'd be here. I mean, where else would you be?" They said, still not answering my question.

I decided to ask them myself. "Were you finding me?"

They rolled their eyes, "Isn't it obvious? You didn't even reply to my messages for A WHOLE WEEK."

I shrugged. "Well, I was busy."

"Busy what?" They snapped, "Busy staying in your room every second?"

"You aren't wrong about that." I said, "I... I just didn't want to talk to anyone."

They sighed, "I mean, it's pretty understandable... One of the people you enjoy being with the most just fell in a coma..."

I stayed quiet.

"The pain must be unimaginable, am I right?" Mizuki looked at me, hoping for an answer.

"I'm going through it." I replied simply.

"I have a feeling you're blaming yourself." They said, crossing their arms.

"I mean... If I didn't chase after the cat... Everything could've been prevented." I looked at them, "So, it is my fault."