Chapter 11 ~ Threads of Uncharted Hearts

Chat GPT is amazing at the chapter names lmao

(I'm terrible at them)

Like the names for the 4th and 5th chapter ew 😭😭😭

This chapter is kinda short btw

What in the...

Again...?

But this time was different.

His lips feel soft and smooth.

Even more to it,

I didn't feel unsafe or uncomfortable.

Do I like him?

He pulled away after an amount of time, his face was bright red. "Sorry... That was rather impulsive of me..."

"Rui..." I muttered, "is this another dare or what...?"

"No." He said, looking at the side, "I kinda like you, so..."

"Is it weird to say... I think I feel the same?" I looked at him, "This is really not a prank, right?"

Huh? What am I saying?

I'M SAYING I LIKE HIM?!

"No, I promise."

I smiled. He giggled, too, after a second. "Hell, what's wrong with me...? I never thought I'd like a nerd like you..."

"Never thought I'd like some bully like you either, Rui."

~

"Tsukasa-kun?" I called his name, only to receive no reply. He was asleep on my bed. Already? During that 15 minutes that I was showering? Was the project really this tiring?

I walked over to the bed and sat on it.

Tsukasa... He looks beautiful...

His sleeping pose was something I've never seen before. Of course, I've seen him sleep on tables at class. But him sleeping on a bed? That's something new.

It's not like his pose is weird or anything... It's completely normal. He's sleeping on his right side, one hand under his head, the other holding his glasses.

Like I said, it's completely normal, but it's cute. For me.

I took a deep breath.

Do I want to do this?

Like I said, I've dated like ten girls in my life, yet, I've never slept or cuddled with any of them. It just seems too... Weird? Awkward? I don't know. I've just never done it.

But I want to try cuddling with Tsukasa.

It's not like I can give myself another choice. I only have one bed in here. I'm not going to sleep on the floor, and I don't think Tsukasa would appreciate me waking him up then pushing him on the hard ground.

I chuckled a bit. That's an excuse. But do I care?

No.

I swung my feet on the bed, took Tsukasa's glasses off his hands, put it on the table nearby carefully, laid next to Tsukasa and wrapped an arm over him.

Tsukasa sniffled a bit, "Rui?" He said quietly. He was awake?!

"Ah- Sorry, Tsukasa-kun-! Well, there isn't another bed, so, uh-" That is an excuse, but it's not entirely a lie, is it? I do have another mattress somewhere, but I'm too lazy to bring it out. It's under all the robots in a closet which I haven't touched for years.

"Hmm... It's fine... I like it. You feel warm." He said. It was then I realized he wasn't awake, but half-asleep.

"That's fine, then." I muttered, placing a kiss on his head.

Why do I act like we're dating?!

He didn't seem uncomfortable, though. "Goodnight, Tsukasa-kun."

"Mhm..." He replied. Well, it's not exactly a reply, but whatever.

He buried his head in my chest and closed his eyes. And so I did the same.

I love Tsukasa. I know that. And it's been the strongest love so far.

~

I woke up in Rui's arms, there was a slight tint of red on his face. I was probably blushing too. The sun was shining through the small window. I kicked his feet, "Rui, wake up."

"Why, Tsukasa-kun? We don't even have school." He said

Oh, yeah. It's Saturday.

"Still." I groaned. It's at least eleven in the morning.

"Nghhh... Fine..." He sat up, rubbing his eyes, and I followed him.

"Rui, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"So..." I hesitated before I finished my sentence, "Are we a 'thing' or what?"

"What's that 'thing' you're talking about?" He murmured.

"Are we dating or not?" I whispered into his ears. Although the door was closed, I'm scared Rui's family would hear us.

"Hmmm... I don't mind, but it depends." He replied, "Do you want to be in a relationship? You've never been in one, as far as I know."

I rolled my eyes, "I have to try."

"Well, if you're willing to, it's fine, then."

"Oh, okay. If that's the case, do we act like friends in public?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah... I'm not sure I want another rumor spreading about me just yet. Plus, people would question me... It's gonna be hard."

"There's a rumor spreading about you?" I didn't know that.

"You really are dumb, Tsukasa-kun..." He sighed for what feels like the hundredth time this week, "People are saying I only dated Mio for popularity... But, hell! I didn't even want to date her."

"Oh... wait, you didn't want to date her? Then why'd you do that-?" I'm shocked. Someone as popular as him, even without Mio, could get a girl he likes easily. Why date someone he doesn't want to.

"Aoki's dares." He answered simply, "Again."

"Oh."

Why do I keep saying 'oh'?!

~

"I should probably go now." Tsukasa said as he took his stuff, getting ready to leave. We had brushed our teeth and ate pancakes for breakfast.

"Wait, one thing before you go..."

"Hm?"

I pulled his face towards mine, linking our lips together.

He pulled away after a while, "I need to go, although I want more of this... Saki will be calling me if I don't hurry, 'kay?"

"Okay, bye, Tsukasa-kun!" I waved at him.

"Bye!"

This has to be one of the best days in my life.

Words - 926

I can just imagine them cuddling while writing this. :) 

I'm so happy ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Btw I'm also so dead I said I'd save up 60k for Rui's curtain call event (the hourglass/timekeeper card idk what's the fandom's name for it)

AND I only have 26k right now ;-;;

I WANT THE WHOLE SETTTTTTTTT

Cuz that way I'd be guaranteed I'd have two PUs at least (I can use the tickets although I only have 60k)