part twenty five - how far we have come

Georgie's POV-

Today's the day, the Grand Final and my second game back. I roll over to my side to see Nick wide awake next to me with his laptop on his lap. "Morning." I yawn as I sit up next to him, he turns and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek, "Morning baby." He says in the raspy morning voice that I love. I feel like he's nervous but also really hype up, "How you feeling, nervous?" I ask him, placing my hand on his arm to stop him from typing for a second. "I'm actually feeling okay right now, I'm thinking more about how amazing it's going to be and how far we have come." He explains, I can't help but smile at what he says. "That's beautiful Nick." I whisper softly, he puts his head on my shoulder and laughs, "What are you laughing at?" I giggle to him, he lifts his head up and turns to me. "How did I get you, your amazing Georgie." He tells me, with a soft blush over his cheeks. "I know I am, kidding. But it's all thanks to Josh and Aaron honestly." I tell him, looks away from Nick for a second. "That's true actually, oh shit. We should get ready, your game your meant to be at the club in an hour!" He tells me, placing his laptop on his bedside table and getting out of bed. I look at the time, shit it's 8:30 I do need to be at the club in an hour. "Shit." I huff, I jump out of bed and get dressed into my training gear and so does Nick. "So I'll be only able to watch the first quarter of the game then I have to go to G' for training and some interviews." He lets me know as he puts some gel into his hair, it's nice he still wants to come to my game. "Oh and Anna is going to be there the whole time, so she can help you get ready." He also tells me, if you don't know I have to finish my game go to the club have a shower, get dressed, do my make up and then run to the G'. Will miss the KISS concert but who cares, I'm there to watch the boys play. "Okay, sounds good!" I smile, we both head downstairs to see Anna and Josh finishing up on brekkie. "Awe thank you guys!" I give them both a hug as they place eggs and bacon on a plate for all of us. "No worries, thought it would be good pre-game!" Anna giggles, we all laugh and all sit down to quickly eat. It's now 9:15am and I've got to get going. "Okay Nick and I are gonna head off, I'll see you after your game Josh and I'll see you Anna at the end of my game." I say bye to the both of them and Nick and I head off to the club. We get there and rush in so I get to the lockers in time before the girls leave me. We make it and all the girls are in there thank god. "Oooooo it's the love birdsssss!" Rowey greets us, we both laugh and I then I begin to tell her "Hey Roweyyy, I'm not late right? Because I feel late." I ask her, she shakes her head, "Nah, your here just in time. We are going to head over to Runt Road Oval at 10:00 so we can get changed and get some training in before the game." She explains to me, as all the girls I finishing packing there bags. "Sounds good! Nick's gonna be there for the first quarter." I tell her, she giggles and nods turning around back to the group of girls. I turn to Nick and he gives me a soft smile. "Alright, I'm gonna head off and do some water recovery before the game. I'll see you before you game okay, if not I'll see you after my game!" He tells me, I give him a kiss goodbye and he walks off towards the pool. 

We won, holy crap that was a great game. I got 27 disposals which is big for me and 1 goal so I'm pretty proud of myself. I head back into the rooms with the girls and we sing the song. 

Good old Collingwood forever,
We know how to play the game.

Side by side we stick together,
To uphold the Magpies name.

See the barrackers a shouting,
As all barrackers should.

Oh, the premiership's a cakewalk,
For the good old Collingwood.

We all give each other hugs when I notice the time, I see Anna standing in the corner. I run over to her, "You played amazing Georgie, anyways we have to get going SO we don't miss the start." She gives me hugs rushing me out to the changes rooms, I take my boots off and put my clothes on I was wearing before. We get the buggee to the club and Anna and I run into the lockers, I hop in the shower and have the quickest shower of my life. I put on this long pretty blue dress that really makes eyes pop, Anna helps me do my hair and makeup and I'm finally done. We get outside the club and I get Anna to take a quick photo of me and then we get the buggee to the G'. We go to where we usually sit for when we watch the game, when we walk in we see Chloe and Becky talking with each other. "Hi girlssss!" I say, they turn around and come rushing up to us. "Omg hi, may I ask how you look so flawless after a footy game?" Becky asks me making me spin around, we all laugh. "Oh and Anna you look fab!" Chloe admires Anna's green dress, Anna smiles "Awe thank you, you two look gorgeous as well." Anna tells them giving them a hug, we decided to sit in our seats as the game is just about to start. I take me seat and admire the crowd, there are so many people here oh my god.

-

georgiecaddy

Liked by annalisedalins_ and 42,643 others

georgiecaddy my game to my boys game! 🖤🤍

View all 421 comments

annalisedalins_ beautiful georgie! 🩵

   > georgiecaddy thank you for taking the photo! 🩵

beckyykay i still don't get how you look flawless after your game!

   > georgiecaddy love you more becky!

chlogeraerts pretty as always! 😘

   > patlipinski what about me? 🥺

whispernickydaicos love you, baby! 🖤

   > georgiecaddy love you more! 🤍

[see more]

-

A/N- bit of a short one but it will do! i'll be having the actual grand final have it's own chapter as I have bit to write about it! thank you so much for almost 6K that's honestly crazy, and I'm over the moon. it would mean the world if could vote and comment any ideas or suggestions you may have, they really help me out. don't forget to go check out my other book 'we're just teens - an aaron cadman story'. i love you all so so much, and as always enjoy reading! 🩵