part twenty one - emerald night

Nick just holds his head in his hands, he looks up and steps in front of me. "Georgie, come on." He tells me, in the tone I've heard for the last 5 minutes. I turn around, and walk over to my locker to grab my jacket when he grabs my arm. "Please be honest with me baby." He says softer to me, I see that he was scared for me and I still see it in his eyes. "I'm fine, trust me please!" I try my hardest convince me, he just nods lightly and kisses me on the cheek. "I'm going to get dressed." I tell him walking off into the bathrooms, I get into my gear I came in and met Nick back outside. We hoped in the car and drove us to the house, we go inside to the it pitch black. Anna and Josh must have gone to bed, I feel my pocket buzz. It was from Ginni, I'm too tired to answer it. I put my phone back into my pocket and head to the kitchen to quickly grab some ice while Nick heads upstairs. I quickly hide it, make my way upstairs to my room. I hop in the shower, I was my hair rinse my body off. I get out and put some long pants on, I place the ice on my leg and pull my pants down over it to hide it. I leave my room making my way to Nick's room. I don't even need to knock, the door opens. He gives me a soft smile that makes me feel warm.

Night of the Brownlow (Time Jump)-

It's the night of the Brownlow, I haven't seen Nick this morning since he had to go in for a early morning training session since he couldn't join the boys this afternoon because he was attending the Brownlow. Anna and I were going to meet up to get out hair and makeup done together at her and Josh's room at Crown. I grab my dress and my walk to her room that only 5 doors down from mine and Nick's. I knock and door opens to her in her robe, we look like twins. "Hiii! Don't we look fabulous in our robes!" I giggle, she giggles as well. We head to where our makeup and hair artists Joey and Chantelle were. We sat down and got started, we started with makeup. Both me and Anna got very light makeup but mine had a touch of green since it was the colour of my dress. We then started our hair, Anna got some light curls through her hair and I decided to go with a half up half down with a emerald velvet bow at the back, also with light curls. The time was now around 3:40 and we had about 20 minutes until we had to get our after shoots taken in our room. I unzipped the bag the my dress was hung up in, I then took some photos of it. I went into the bathroom with my stylist since Anna is getting dressed in the room. I got out my robe and stepped into the dress, my styles zipped me up. I turned around and looked into the mirror, wow it's gorgeous. I was wearing velvet emerald green dress, which had long sleeves a square neck, and a gorgeous slit down the side. 

(looks smth like this btw)

I put my necklace that my mum gave me on my 18th that was silver and had a emerald in the middle, and I put silver hoops and tiffany & co heart studs in my seconds

I put my necklace that my mum gave me on my 18th that was silver and had a emerald in the middle, and I put silver hoops and tiffany & co heart studs in my seconds. I put on some george shoes that matched the dress perfectly (the shoes the model is wearing) I walked out and saw Anna in this lace light blue patterned dress that looked amazing on her. "Wow, you look amazing Anna! You look like someone that just walked out of New York Fashion Week!" I tell her, she laughs and looks up and down at me. "Uhm says you, you look fabulous! This is so your colour!" She comes up to me and gives me a hug. The photograph then rushes us over the wall to get photos, Anna get's get photos taken. Then I do, I feel awkward doing this. Just as I was about to finish Nick and Josh walking in there suits looking amazing. They are both dressed in Boss suit, Nick looks so handsome. As soon as I look at him, he locks eyes with me and his eyes scale down my dress and back up to me. He places his hands on my hips and gives me a soft kiss on the lips. He puts his lips to my ear a says "You look so hot baby." I giggle at his words, it places a kiss on my cheek. "Oh yes, Nick please hop in for a photo with Georgia." The photograph says, god I hate when people say my real name it's so professional I hate it. We get photos and so does Anna and Josh, we then get an amazing group photo. We all finish up photos, Anna posts them on her instagram quickly and so Josh. But Nick and I just couldn't be bothered with it. 

We head out our room and head down to the red carpet. This is when my nerves come bubbling up and Nick noticed, "Hey it's okay, I'm here by your side." He kisses me and intertwined his fingers through mine. We got out the elevator and walked over to opening of the event where the was amazing camera that did slow motion videos of us, oh shit I've seen these on the Grammys, Met Gala, Oscars and that. Just as I notice the person running in runs over to us and ask us to do it. Nick and I agree, they explain to us what to do we nod. The camera goes, I put my hand on hip and Nick tosses a footy in his hand. Once we finished we walked up to red carpet to see Emma Freeman one of the sports reporters for 7 Sports. "Georgie, Nick is it alright if I could have an interview?" She asks up we approve and she gives us a smile. She looks at the camera and starts talking "I'm here with Nick and his lovely girl friend and AFLW start Georgie Cadman. Now Nick, how does it feel to be one the biggest names and footy and being one of the biggest contenders tonight." She asks Nick as her first question to us, Nick and I's hands are still glued together just for eachother support. "I don't really think about it to much, I just try and focus on my game and work on things that I believe I need to work on, and it's the same with the Brownlow I was more focusing on my injury and getting to play in finals more but now it's here today I've thought about it a bit more." He tells Emma and camera, I smile at him hearing him talk about something he loves so much. "And Georgie, you look fabulous by the way but what has been for you just seeing Nick play this year and see him grow as I footy player?" She asks me, shit I didn't know she was gonna ask me questions. "Thank you Emma, uhm well." I feel Nick rub his finger along my hand to comfort me, I continue talking "It's been amazing to see Nick play, just being about to do what he does at his age is just incredible. From what Josh and Peter have told me, he's just been working for it since he first touched a footy so just see him here and being one of the contenders for the Brownlow at the age of 20 is just amazing I'm so proud of him." I tell Emma, she gives us a smile. "Thank you, and once again you both look amazing!" We thank her and head up to where photos were being taken. "Nick, Georgia please stand here." The photograph tells us, why does everyone keep calling me Georgia, we stand where we we're told to stand. I feel Nick's arm slither around waist and wrap around it, we give a nice smile to camera and head down to where the players are all with their girlfriends and a few with there mums. We go over to Josh and Anna since they already had their interviews etc. "How was that?" Josh asks us, I give him a not reassuring smile "I was bloody scared, I didn't know what to say." I tell them both, they laugh and so does Nick. "She did great, don't worry." Nick tells them, it's now time to head into the large function room and get started.

A/N- ah yes, i did a massive time jump. I JUST REALLY WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT THE BROWNLOW, anyways let's pretend that nick's injury happened and georgie is all good. there will be a part 2 to this so don't worry i just wanted to make the chapter shorter since i want to go to bed! CAN WE JUST MENTION HOW NICK DIDN'T WIN, i did cry i actually did, but he played amazing this year and there's always next year BRING ON NICK 2024!! anywho, please vote and comment any suggestions or ideas you may have it would help me a ton. don't forget to read my second story 'we're just teens - an aaron cadman story' .  And as always, enjoy reading! 🖤🤍