part twelve - could life get any worse?

I feel the warmth of Nick's arms around my body making be feel insecure, just seeing Nick sleeping calmed me in all ways possible. I feel Nick take a deep breath, he must have just woken up. "Morning Nicky, how was your sleep?" I whisper to him, I can see he has a dopey smile on his face "It was nice next to you, how about you? Your leg feeling okay?" He says with a choke in his voice, god that's hot. "I was fine, well we better get going my appointment is in 2 hours." I tell him as I take the sheets off me and grabbing my crutches next to my night stand, I get up and off my bed and hobble over to my dressed grabbing some clothes, Nick gets up to leave and me being stupid me tells him "You should stay, I need help anyways it's struggle almost everyday getting bloody pants on." I can see his face go to shock but in a good way, I nods and sits back on the bed. I throw him my trackies, "Okay I need you help me get my brace of so I can put it over my trackies." I tell him, we get my brace of so carefully and now I pull my pants down just leaving me in my bloody underwear. I can see him looking at my body but I ignore it, he slips my foot through the caff of the pants and pulls them slowly up, I think wiggle them up to my hips. "There we go, thanks that was a lot easier then me doing it, now time for my brace." I say to him, he still has spoken this whole time we put my brace back on slower then last time just to make sure I'm not in any pain. I get up and adjust everything so it sits right, I then reach and grab a shirt. I take my shirt leaving me in my pink bra "Why is this so tiring!!" I groan into my blankets, I hear Nick laugh. I look up and he took a photo of me. "Hey, your sneaky Nick!" I giggle pulling him onto the bed to wrestle him, he's going really soft on me because of me knee. I pin him down and we just laugh, I press my lips on his. "Nope, we are not doing that Nick. I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING." I say sarcastically at him getting up off his chest, I through the shirt I grabbed and put it on over my head. "Now show me that photo you took, you ain't posting it anywhere without me seeing." I demand him, he hands me his phone. Dam I look good in that, I feel his eyes on me he kiss my cheek. "Don't you look so cute in it?"

"Don't you look so cute in it?" he tells me with a bit of a baby voice, I shove him and I grab my crutches and head out my room

"Don't you look so cute in it?" he tells me with a bit of a baby voice, I shove him and I grab my crutches and head out my room. He follows behind me as I slowly get down the stairs, he's holding my waist while I go down just so I don't fall. After a minute of me waddling down the stairs I finally make it, I can't breath and this point everything just makes me so tired. I sit down on the couch where I sit almost everyday, I grab my laptop from next to me and bring up some of my UNI work, Nick flops down next to me. "Sooo what you doing?" He asks me cautiously, I look over at him but still focused "Just some UNI work, I haven't done any in AGESSSS." I tell him, he then asks me a question he has never asked me, "What do you wanna be after or during AFL?" I've kinda always wanted someone to ask me that, because this has been my dream job since I was in Year 8 or something like that! "Well, I was hoping when I get my degree and that. I would love to be a sports journalist during post and pre-season and after I finish up my footy which won't be for a while." I throw at him, I can tell from his face that he was surprised in a good way. "Wow, that sounds awesome! I've kinda just thought of following dad and becoming a Real Estate Agent after footy, since he does that now." I'm surprised by his answer, I never knew his dad was a Real Estate Agent after he retired from footy. "Wow, I never knew that! That's really cool to know actually!" I tell him still surprised. "Anyways, what would you like for breaky before we leave?" He asks me hoping up to head to the kitchen, "Uh just some toast with avo if that's all good?" I softly ask him, he nods and gives me a smile kissing me on the forehead.

Nick's POV:

I finish making Georgie's avocado on toast and my egg and bacon roll. I grab water for the both of us and I sit down next to her and turn the TV on. "Uhm can I talk to you Georgie?" I turn to her and asks, she turns and looks at me confused "Yeah, what about?" Again confused in her voice. "Well you know how we have been taking for a bit, I never really asked if you would be you know, uh my girlfriend?" I ask her, she still looks confused. "Sorry, I was asking if you would uhm like to be my girlfriend?" I ask her once again, she looks at me shocked is that bad or good "IS NICHOLAS DAICOS ASKING ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND?" she squeals a me, I start laughing and she giggles with me "Well yes I would love to be Nick." She whispers to me putting her head on my forehead, I smile goes across my lips. I kiss her softly on her lips, when she kisses me back a bit stronger. I pull away and laugh "Eat or where gonna be late!" I laugh, she pushes me and she is now laughing. 

We get in the car ready to go to Georgie's appointment, I can tell she's nervous. I place my hand on her thigh and I just rub it with my thumb to calm her, I can feel her breathing calm as I do so. We are about 1 minutes away when her nerves come back, "It's gonna be okay, if it's bad news then we get through it together it's all good baby!" I tell her to comfort her, she gives me a small smile and looks out the window. We get there and I grab her crutches out of the back of the car and hand then to her in the passenger seat. I open the door for her and I check her in while she hobbles down to scan waiting room, I meet her down there and once I get there her name gets called. She's about to go in, "It's gonna be okay!" I whisper to her kissing her on the cheek. 

Georgie's POV:

I lay down on the x-ray table and the Radiologists sets up the x-ray machine and goes into his small room thing, you know those things they go into. I just want to cry while laying here, I'm so nervous. He takes all the pictures and leads me back to the waiting room where Nick is seating waiting for me. He gets up and helps me sit down, "Thanks." I smile at him, he smiles back. We sit down and I just put my head on his shoulder, I don't really feel like talking I'm to nervous. 10 minutes later my doctor comes out a room and calls my name. "Georgia Cadman?" He says, I put my hand up and get up from Nick's help. We make it into the room and he sits me down, "Okay Georgia, now from the x-rays we have looked at the damage you have done and it's looking pretty bad." He tells me straight up, no, this cannot be happening right now. "We believe you need an operation to help heal the bone better and let is become my stable, because if you don't get this operation you will most likely never be able to move your knee the same and probably never play footy again, if you would like to through with operation just let me know so I can send you information and get you an appointment with a surgeon as soon as possible." He explains, I can't hear anything he's saying I just look a Nick and see him nodding at what the doctor is saying. I can't explain how I'm feeling "I have to go, I need to get out of here." I say standing up and grabbing my crutches, I open the door myself and hobble out I hear Nick say bye to the doctor and something else, I hear footsteps running towards me and sound of my name. I make it outside and the tears just leave my eyes. I feel arms wrap around me, it's Nick. I just cry, why me, why does this have to be happening right now, "I have to do it Nick, I need to surgery or I can never play footy again." I cry with my voice breaking. I feel Nick rubbing my arms, I turn around and wrap my arms around him. I don't wanna move, I think I love this man.

A/N- omg, thank you so much for all the views i can't be more grateful! i know this chapter isn't the best i just haven't had the best day but should get a better one out soon! don't forget comment and vote it helps so much! i love you all so much, enjoy reading as always! 🍓