part seven - this is my life

3 weeks later- 

Nick and I have been taking things slow for the past few weeks and it's been really nice! I keep having my doubts but I when I do I think about what Nick said to me. Me and Anna are going to Josh and Nick's game tonight and I'm extremely excited but nervous. I hear my door open and see Nick standing there "Hey, wanna go get a coffee down the road?" Nick offers me, I give him a big smile and say "OBVIOUSLY". He gives me his bright smile back leaves the room letting me get dressed. I jump out of bed throwing on a sports bra, one of Nick's jumpers and some leggings on. I brush my teeth and head to Anna and Josh's room, I knock on the door and I hear I come in. I open the door to see Anna and Josh sitting on end of the bed smiling "What you smiling about?" I laugh, Anna runs over to me and gives me her phone "IS THAT A PUPPY!" I squeal.  "IT'S OUR PUPPY GEORGIE!!" Anna squeals back, we both start jumping around and Josh is just laughing Nick comes into the room and looks clueless "What is going on in here?" Nick asks confused. "WE'RE GETTING A PUPPY NICK!" I Anna screams at Nick, Nick gives us all a huge smile and gives us all a hug. After all the squealing finally Nick and I take a walk down to the coffee shop. Our hands glide across each other but I don't move it like I did last time we just walk down like this. We finally make it and go an order our coffee. "What can I get for you?" This really hot waitress asks, she gives Nick a smirk and doesn't even look at my existence. I feel a little bit jealous but I just shrug it off. "Almond latte please, with a cookie." Nick orders, I order a caramel iced coffee and some avocado on toast. We sit down and Nick just laughs when we sit down "The girl just made me so uncomfortable holy shit!" Nick rolls his eyes, a sign of relief goes across me, thank god. "Yeah, why was she even doing that she should just be doing her job not flirting with you!" I laugh, we both laugh and our food and coffee's get called out. We sit back down with everything and start enjoying our meal. We finish and decide to get going home, our hand glide against each other once again and this time I just do it, I wrap my hand in his. He looks at me and just give him a small smile he does that same and we just walk home like this, and I felt so comfortable with Nick that I didn't even think about my past.

Anna and I start getting ready for the game, the boys have already headed to the MCG. I put on some dark denim jeans and a black strapless top, with a Collingwood scarf and some panda dunks. I touch up my make up and put my hair into a slick back bun, I look in the mirror I feel actually pretty tonight. "Ready to go?" Anna asks me room the door, I nod. The uber finally gets here and we head of the MCG. We get there and we head to the long room where all the wives, families and girlfriends are. "Hi girlsssss, it's been so long!!" Anna says to all the girls giving them all a hug "This is Georgie Cadman, she's living with Josh, Nick and I. She also plays for Collingwoods AFLW team!" Anna introduces me to everyone, I give them all a wave and I hug. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick!" I tell Anna, she nods and I head down the bathroom, before I go in there's a merch stand and I see pins. I decide to grab a Nick pin and put it on my scarf. I now go to the bathroom and head back, the game is about to start and everyone is seated, Anna saved a spot for me next to her and Jack Crisps wife Mikayla. The first bounces starts and Essendon get the first goal, fuck. The boys are playing alright until Josh get's handballed the ball in takes a crack at kicking from outside of 50. HE GETS THE GOAL, the hole crowd is roaring and Anna is up and screaming. It's now the fourth quarter and there's 1 minute to go and Collingwood needs one more goal to win, shit this gonna be close. The bounce happens and Nick gets the ball and runs straight through the middle and dogues about 5 players, he quickly lines up for a goal, I slowly stand up and goes right through the middle post. "OMG OMG YES NICK!!!" I scream, the hole crowd is roaring even louder and we all get up and clap.  The crowd start screaming 'COLLINGWOODDDDDD, COLLINGWOODDDDDD." The siren goes and we jump up in relief. The theme song starts playing and just smile to myself thinking about how good Nick played. We had down to the rooms and see the boys singing the team song all together.