46: New Year (1)

[Minho]

"Shit." I froze up as I glanced at my watch for the first time in way too long.

Jisung flinched beside me, scared by the sudden serious exclamation from me, turning to look at me with worried eyes. "What?"

I reached for the TV remote, turning off our show before getting up quickly. "We have to leave for the party in like— fifteen minutes. Fuck, how did we lose track of time so badly??"

Jisung also got up in a hurry once he heard. "I don't know, but— we have to get ready! This isn't at all enough time— I'm gonna have to do my makeup in the car, hyung!"

I giggled a little at how dramatic he was being even though I was also stressed, slipping his hand into mine and bringing Jisung's bag with me as I led him to the bedroom.

"I guess there won't be time to try on much." I shrugged, dropping his bag on my bed and leaving him there while I headed to my closet.

"I'm glad I picked out my outfit beforehand— I wouldn't be able to choose in fifteen minutes, and I definitely can't show up to the party naked." Jisung giggled, opening up the bag he brought and taking out his outfit before stripping down to just his underwear.

I didn't have time to admire him even though I wanted to, focusing on the task of looking through the more dressed-up clothing I owned.

Most of it was pretty regular, black jacket, tie, white shirt and pants, but I did own a few coloured ties that could hopefully spice it up.

And while I looked through everything I also remembered that I had a vest laying around somewhere, thinking that could help me feel less like I was going to work and more like I was going out.

This party was organized by someone Jisung had connections to in the fashion world, which meant that everyone else there would probably be dressed to perfection, and I definitely felt the pressure.

I grabbed the usual black pants that I wore to the occasional fancy events I went to, but before I could even begin looking for the vest that was probably buried under lots of other things, I heard Jisung call my name.

"Minho-hyung! I brought something for you too, if you want to try it. I know you don't have a lot of clothes for this kind of occasion, so I figured I could lend you something of mine. C'mere?"

I turned around, met with a smiling Jisung who looked awaitingly at me.

He was already dressed in his own outfit, and I had to take a moment to eye him up, letting my gaze drift over his body.

Jisung seemed to like seeing me study him, doing a little spin for me too.

"You look great." I said, coming over as he'd asked me to. "What did you bring for me?"

"Thanks~ I'll show you!"

Jisung reached back into his bag, giggling a little to himself.

"I didn't know what you'd be comfortable with, so I brought a couple options. But as far as pants go, I remembered you look hot in dark colours, so I brought some dark purple ones." He got said pair of pants out, and I thought he was off to a good start, I liked purple.

"And then—" He tugged out another thing from his bag. "I have this mesh shirt that I know you'd look super good in. If you need something over top, I brought some options for that too, but I was thinking you could wear this with a corset. Don't worry— it's not one of those that sit really tight, it'll just accentuate your natural waist." He sent me a little reassuring wink, laying those two things on the bed before diving back into the bag.