19: Comfort Before The Storm

[Minho]

I let out an annoyed grunt as I looked at my phone for the first time after getting home from work, seeing my notifications filled with calls and messages from Jia.

From what I gathered by glancing over them, she was angry that we hadn't seen each other since that day and complained about that I'd been ghosting her, but it was her own fault.

And the video Hyunjin had sent me was the last drop.

I slammed my door closed behind me, leaving my phone on the kitchen counter while I stormed off to the bedroom so I could get out of this annoying suit.

What I needed now was a real distraction.

Moving quickly as I was impatient, I hung up my suit a little haphazardly after taking it off, grabbing sweatpants, a nice oversized t-shirt and a soft hoodie jacket to wear over.

I got dressed in the outfit, taking no care to look presentable right now.

The need to be cosy overpowered any want to look good, so I slipped a beanie on my head to get my hair out of my face and headed back out to grab my phone and wallet.

Stuffing both things in my pockets, I put shoes back on and headed out the door to my car.

As I sat down into the driver's seat, I got out my phone, needing to call someone beforehand.

But just as I'd picked it up, Jia called again.

My gaze was dark, glaring at her contact name before picking up.

"What do you fucking want, Jia? Don't keep calling, I'm busy. And even if I wasn't, I don't want to talk to you. I know you cheated on me."

"Minho, you're being so stupid. Why would I cheat on you, I love you! And I don't care that you don't wanna talk to me, I wanna talk to you. We need to make up.."

I shook my head, gritting my teeth and letting out an exasperated sigh.

"No. My friend saw you with a guy, and recorded you asking him for sex. I'm not going to talk to you, goodbye."

I hung up before she could get to say any more bullshit, muting her contact for now as I didn't want to have her call me again.

My fingers kept tapping at my phone though, pressing another phone number to call it.

I heard the call sound a few times before it stopped, a happy and comforting voice filling my ears.

"Minho-yah?"

"Hi, mom." I smiled.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of being called? Are you.. coming to visit maybe?"

Letting out a small giggle, I hummed to confirm her suspicion.

I swear she was psychic or something, the amount of times she had guessed what I was doing out of the blue was impressive.

"I was thinking I could come and stay over tonight? That way I don't have to worry about not drinking."

"That sounds like a great idea, Minho. Both me and your dad are looking forward to seeing you, it's been too long since the last time we got to see our boy."

"I'm looking forward to seeing you and dad too. I'll be on my way, then. See you soon, mom."

"See you!" She ended cheerily before hanging up, and I felt much better after just the short interaction with my mother.

She had always been an expert at cheering me up, and coming home was always a highlight for me in between the busy days of the week.

Luckily tomorrow was Friday, which meant I had only a couple of meetings to go to and I didn't have to be in the office from early morning, so I was more than happy to spend my time off heading to visit my parents.