22: Losing A Friend

[Minho]

I took a deep breath, letting my knuckles tap against the lacquered wood of Jisung's apartment door.

Up until that day I had been staying with my parents in Gimpo, but I'd travelled back to go to a work meeting, and finally decided that I had to confront Jisung about the post.

As I'd been thinking a lot about how it had all went down, I thought his behaviour and the whole situation seemed more and more suspicious.

She had no reason not to hurt him badly as well, and I knew she really disliked him, so I had all reason to believe that Jisung had helped plan this.

The only thing I was struggling to wrap my head around was why.

Why would he want to do something so ruining and terrible towards me?

I'd thought we were best friends, soulmates.

But maybe we weren't as close as I thought, maybe he'd just pretended to love me all this time.

And the thought of that filled me with anger.

I tried my best to keep a calm expression though, I didn't want to startle Jisung and I was planning on handling this as calmly as possible.

Because even if he might not love me, I for sure loved him.

"Hyung! I didn't know you were back in town." Jisung had opened the door, and at first, he was smiling at me.

But as he noticed I wasn't smiling, his also dropped.

"Come.. in?" He opened the door wider, and I walked silently past him to take off my shoes and jacket.

He turned towards me, letting the door close as he let go of it. "What's up, hyung? You seem off today.."

Jisung scratched his nape, it was obvious this mood made him feel awkward and uncomfortable.

I studied him through a narrow gaze, trying to see if he showed any signs of realizing what was going on or not, but I could barely see his expression as it was dark in the room.

"We need to talk." I met his gaze, motioning for him to follow me as I headed inside to sit in his couch.

Jisung seemed confused, but followed me nonetheless, sitting close to me in the couch.

I didn't really appreciate this as I worried his affection towards me might be fake, so I scooted aside and tugged my feet up into the couch to stop him from moving any closer.

"You're acting so weird." Jisung stated, side-eyeing me as I moved away from him. "I understand that you're upset about what happened with Jia, but— you don't have to act like I'm a stranger to you.."

He sounded hurt that I'd been so cold to him so far, but I wasn't going to let my emotions towards him affect me today.

"I'm not, I'm just.. taking precautions."

Jisung frowned at me. "Why? Have I.. done anything?"

I studied his expression, but I still couldn't tell if he was acting or not.

He could be lying straight to my face right now, and that scared me.

"I have to show you something." I said, my hand trembling as I slipped my phone out of my pocket.

I felt anxious, and the disappointment and anger was slowly building up inside me as I had a stronger and stronger feeling that Jisung had betrayed me.

After looking into Jisung's eyes one last time, I dipped my head down, opening up Instagram and searching up Jia's profile.