Chocolate Cupcakes - Mason Mount

For two months, I was given the attention my teenage self would yearn for. Mason was a blessing in my life. I was more than honoured to have him by my side every day. 

He showed up when I was at my lowest when I could not find a way out of that darkness which consumed me day by day. He brightened everything up; those black walls which caved in now felt like a garden with blossoming flowers where it was easy to breathe and smile to the world. He changed me. 

He was at training on that day, and I called him; like I did every other day. It was around ten in the morning and I knew he was on his way back. 

"Hey, Mason," I said when he picked up, "Training over?" I asked with a smile on my face, hoping for a positive reply like always. 

"I'm literally in the middle of training right now," he snapped and hung up. His sudden annoyance hit me like a pang in the heart. He never reacted this way before. 

I put my phone down and sat down on the sofa, contemplating whether it was me invading his privacy or him being a total son of a b*tch. 

The voice in the back of my mind was telling me that I probably disturbed him when he was supposed to be training, although I felt like it was not the case. I had no idea what could be the reason behind his sudden behaviour. 

A huge part of me did not want to face him right now. I picked up my purse and left his apartment. I was supposed to be staying over at his place for the week as I had a few days off from work. 

But he completely ruined my mood but I knew I was being childish, and that the situation would be back to normal in a couple of days. 

I drove my car to my flat, which was not too far from his residence. I immediately dropped on the couch and slept. 

A thump on my door slipped my consciousness back; I groaned as I woke up. Carefully I meandered toward the light switch and flicked it open. 

The bright light was blinding to my eyes, restricting me to see what was in front of me. I blinked a couple of times until my vision was completely adjusted. 

Another thud on the door. 

"Rose, I know you're in there,"' it was definitely Mason. 

Still feeling groggy, I dragged my feet towards the floor, pushing back the hair on my face. I twisted the door knob and the door flew open to reveal Mason. 

"What happened to you?" 

"I woke up like this," I deadpanned, my voice hoarse from sleeping as I shifted backwards, allowing him to enter the apartment. 

I felt better now, and I had nothing against him anymore regarding the phone call earlier. Even I was annoyed at him sometimes; it happens to everyone. 

"Look, I'm sorry about the phone call earlier. I shouldn't have been so...rude. I was just pissed at a guy, it happened so suddenly... I'm sorry."

I sat on the couch as I spared him a glance. I hugged my knees and pretended to contemplate the thought, "Hmm, maybe I'll forgive you then."

"I brought cupcakes," he said and shifted in his seat to reach for a paper bag behind him, then handed it to me. A small smile crept up to my mouth and I made sure he didn't see that. 

"So, we're okay?" 

"Of course we're okay, you brought me cupcakes," I squealed on the sofa. He grinned at me. 

He flicked my forehead, and deliberately put a bit of light blue icing on my nose, and then as if it was all planned by Mason, the snap of a camera followed. 

He snickered while looking at his phone, "I'm setting this as my wallpaper."

"Mason, are you serious? I just woke up and I have icing on my nose!" I squealed. 

He flashed his phone at me and waved it. I could see a picture of myself in a complete mess on his home screen. I pouted at him and bit into a cupcake. 

***

A/N: Please vote and comment, like always :)

It motivates me to write more.