I want a baby - Mason Mount

A/N: The day I post this, it's my birthday and is the 1 year anniversary of this book. I am proud of this book and to be able to achieve 60+K reads is just a dream come true. I love every single one of you guys and thank you for the support!!!

***

Being a girlfriend to Mason was everything I wanted, I had a boyfriend who showed me all kinds of support, I had a nice job, a nice house, and was very well settled in my life. But sometimes, I felt like there was something missing. A little void in my life which I could overflow with happiness, a mini Mason, a mini-me, kicking a little ball around the house wearing a Chelsea kit with his/her dad's name on the back. 

Every time when I would return from work, I would see parents picking up their little ones from nursery or kindergarten and it just made my heart melt. I would watch movies with Mason where there would be little kids playing with toys or just adorably being held by their mothers. Magazines were full of small kids jumping around and playing with their fathers. Soon, my Instagram feed was full of babies giggling with their parents. It almost seemed like an obsession. 

I desperately wanted to have a baby with him. (I'm gonna cringe so hard when I'll be older reading this, lol) The thought kept me awake at night. Sometimes I wondered if I could discuss with him what I wanted. It was as simple as that but I was worried it could be a burden on Mason and his job as a footballer. Or maybe he would accept just because I wanted a baby and didn't want to turn me down. 

I was going to Cobham training ground to see Mason train today. I was free and had nothing to do and thought he could use some support for his upcoming matches. I let Mason know that I would be coming to the training ground so it wouldn't be impromptu. 

On my way, I saw a bunch of little kids maybe aged around five or six playing football. It drew me in and I pulled over just to see them play for a while. It was hugely adorable to see them running in small dark blue shorts. I stayed idle and smiled the whole time. Soon, a lady approached me and asked, "Is your son playing too?" I felt my heart sink. 

"No, I was driving, I just pulled over to see them play. They're so adorable", I smiled again. The lady pointed at the right side of the pitch, "The goalkeeper over there is my son", she chuckled, "They grow up so fast."

After a lengthy conversation with the lady, I realised Mason's training should have been over a long time ago and he should probably be home now. I cursed under my breath and hastily got into the car. My phone was ringing. Mason had missed-called me several times before while I was outside. I replied.

"Heyy", I said. "Y/N, why aren't you answering my calls? Are you ok?", he asked frantically, not bothering to hide his panic.

"I'm fine. I just got carried away by something. I'm driving home", I replied.

"Okay...", he seemed unconvinced.

"I told you I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just hang on for a few minutes. I'll be back", I explained with a light chuckle. 

"See you then. Love you", he said. "Love you too"

I reached home after a few minutes. Mason opened the front door for me, helped me remove my coat, and asked me to get seated by the sofa. It was weird because Mason never did that before. I did like he told me to and took a seat. "Mason, if you want to talk about why I'm late, I can explain. There's no need to overreact like that", I called out from the sofa. Mason was taking a seat opposite me. 

"That's stupid", I muttered. 

"No, it's not. You never get carried away by anything, love. It just seems wrong and... weird. Is there something you want to tell me? Like anything that's bothering you?", he spoke.

"Let me explain. On my way to the training ground, I saw some kids playing. I only stopped by to watch them play, got engaged in a conversation with a lady, and lost track of time. That's it."

He still didn't seem convinced. He had a smile on his face, a slight smile like he didn't want to believe that was the truth. Maybe, it was partially the truth. Maybe it was time to really admit to Mason what had been bothering me for weeks now. Mason took my hand in his and looked me in the eye while saying, "There's been something off about you for a few days. I noticed you zoning out during movies, excessively being on your phone and today...", he said everything in a soft tone. 

I took a deep breath. "IwantababywithyouMason", I uttered while looking down at the floor. 

"What?", he responded with a chuckle. "Say it slowly so I can understand."

"I want a baby", I said as dryly as I could. He reached over and pulled me into a hug. "Aww, so that's what's bothering you?", he asked. I hugged him back and kissed him on the lips. I nodded. "Doesn't sound bad to be a dad, does it?", he asked, amused. 

We stayed there for a while. I just wanted to hug him for the longest while possible. "No, but really, baby. I want to as well", he said in my ears. I smiled against his chest and hugged him tighter. "I love you."