Overprotective - Mason Mount

I met Mason about a month ago at a night club. That same morning, I found my ex, Thomas, cheating on me with my best friend. I was so pissed at Thomas I moved out of our apartment as soon as I found out. I stopped talking to my best friend too, which hurt like hell and I blocked both of them on all social Media platforms immediately.

That night, I was drinking way too much, trying to turn myself into a state of oblivion. I was drinking at the bar when Mason showed up next to me and we had a simple conversation. Not too long after, I turned over a new leaf and we started dating. 

During the first two weeks of our relationship, Mason was the ideal boyfriend every girl wishes for. He would frequently bring me flowers, bring me to dates and writes me little poems. We went camping once with Declan and Mason would also stay at home whenever he was free to cuddle with me and watch movies.

I always appreciated him being protective and caring about me. He would give me little tips like carrying pepper spray in my bag, he would usually walk me home safely and asked me to stay alert of public spaces all the time. These little details which always stood out to me just made me love Mason even more. 

But recently, he had been doing things that changed my lifestyle. It started when Louis became my work partner, he would never give me time to myself. He would be clingy all the time and never let me rest. He had been concerned about my working space a lot. I assured him more than enough times that Louis was only my work partner and nothing more and everything was formal between us. 

When I received work calls outside my working hours, I felt like he was always eavesdropping my conversations on the phone even if I was just directing Louis on how to finish our projects we were working on together, or even while speaking to my female friends.

Sometimes, when I was busy at work and did not get time to answer his calls, I would reply him with a simple text and continued working. When I would get home, he would start making unnecessary assumptions about me dating Louis behind his back. Once, Louis liked a picture of me on Instagram and Mason went ballistic. Since then, I let him take control of my socials, since they never really mattered to me and only served as a distraction. I started assuming that Mason hated my partner, so I sent a request to my boss to change my partner to a female one. 

Just a couple of days ago, we were going on a double date with Declan and his girlfriend. I wore a white puff sleeve dress with a square neck, puff sleeves and a slit at left leg. The dress was also backless. 

(you can picture something like this)

When Mason came out of the shower, I was doing my make-up in front of the mirror. He was staring at my open back. "Do you like it?", I asked while applying blush on my cheeks. 

He walked to where I was standing, "Baby, this dress is... improper for a date", he said while running his fingers on my back. "I don't think it's improper, I actually find the dress cute, Mason. What's wrong with it?", I asked with a nervous chuckle. 

"It's backless", he whispered, "I don't like it when you wear backless dresses." He walked to my closet and picked out a satin mini slip dress in a dark teal colour with knee-length beige boots. He then politely asked me if I could change into that instead. I didn't want to argue with him and ruin my mood so I changed into what he asked me to. 

That night and the night after, I couldn't sleep but kept wondering about Mason's change of behaviour. He suddenly seemed so overprotective of me. I then decided to talk with him the next day about it, since we both had a day off. 

I woke up later than usual feeling the emptiness beside me on the bed. I adjusted my vision to the bright light inside the room. Just then, Mason entered while carrying a tray on which there were waffles, a mug of tea, some honey and jam and some berries in a bowl. I couldn't help but smile. 

"Morning, love", he said and served me breakfast. 

"I can't wait to spend this day with you", he said when I was done eating whatever I could from the tray he gave me. While he went back to the kitchen, I got up from the bed and got ready. I just wore cargo pants paired with a crochet top. I went down the stairs and since I had nothing to do, I decided to get my work bag ready for the next day. 

Surprisingly, all my notebooks, pens and stationery were scattered on my desktop which only meant one thing: Mason had been through my work items. That was it, it was the last straw. I took my work bag and went into the kitchen to confront him. 

When he saw me entering the kitchen with a furious glare, his facial expressions changed. "Have you been through my work bag, Mason?", I asked angrily and threw the bag on the counter in front of him. 

"Look, Y/N, I can explain", he said while having both his hands held up on his sides for defence. 

"There's nothing to explain, Mason. It's clear that you are doubting me. I have already explained that I love you and you only. If this continues, I'm sorry but I have to back off from this relationship", I said the last part in barely a whisper. 

Mason approached me with three careful steps. He put his hands on my shoulders and said, "I can't help it, Y/N. I never told you that, but I have trust issues", he spoke vulnerably. 

"And I agree with you totally when you say I'm crossing over my limits. I try so hard to be the best boyfriend to you so that you don't fall for someone else, or if someone else falls for you", he said, his voice cracking at the last part. Somehow, the words he spoke was like water to the raging fire inside of me. "I never spoke of my past relationship to you", he whispered while  holding both of my hands, taking a step closer to me. I pulled him into a soft hug. 

"Martha", he spoke, "She was my ex. We were together for two years. I used to love her a lot. Things were not going well, she started being weird around me. Then one day, I found her cheating on me", he leaned his forehead on mine. 

"Promise me that you won't cheat on me", he softly said. I could feel the pain in his heart.

"I promise you that", I said while increasing my grip around his hands. 

I spotted a single tear running down his cheeks, he covered it with a smile while running circles on my palm with his thumb. He kissed the top of my forehead. "I just care too much about you and your safety, I guess. And I promise that I will no longer be overprotective on you", he said. 

I smiled. "I'm sorry", he said after a pause. 

"You've been forgiven", I hastily said, "Now, what can we do today for fun?", I asked while trying to change the topic. 

"Do you want to go to the park and get some ice-cream?", he asked. I vigorously nodded like a little kid.

***

 A/N: Hope you liked it, please vote, it means a lot to me.

And if you have requests, don't hesitate to DM me, I'm online here nearly everyday!