Protective - Mason Mount

A/N: TW: mentions of blood.

The atmosphere was electrifying, the music was deafening but it felt like the club was drained of all air. It stunk of sweat and vodka. I suddenly felt like I was about to pass out. 

I went around the club to find Mason and ask him if we could leave. I walked and scrutinised everywhere around the club for a glimpse of him. He was nowhere to be seen. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Relieved that I finally found him, I turned around and exhaled. 

Only, it was my ex. He had the guts to smile after seeing me. "Didn't expect you to be here", he said while his eyes trailed down my body in a seductive manner. I felt uncomfortable. "I'm dating someone, Liam", I frowned at him. 

He smirked. "Oh, come on. I know you're not as happy as you were with me"

"Do you have the guts to think I was happy with you? You're out of your goddamned mind!", I exclaimed trying not to draw attention from the rest of the crowd. But my exclamation had side effects. I felt even more breathless and suffocated. Before I could even react, a hand grabbed my right wrist and pulled me away from him. I was now walking alongside Mason. He kissed my left temples then placed his right hand on my waist protectively. 

"Let's get out of here, love", he said. 

As soon as we reached outside, I gasped for air. I was breathing a night air filled with coldness and draught. It was more refreshing than the air in the confined club. Mason helped me get inside the car, ready to go back home. 

He left the car door open and said, "Wait here, I'll be back in a few seconds" and disappeared before I could reply him. I leaned my head against the headrest thinking about Liam and the way he looked at me earlier. I guess he still thought I had feelings for him, or he still was the same jerk that he was all those months ago. 

Mason finally ran back to the car. He entered and gripped the steering wheel tightly. Blood was oozing out of his nose and he was fuming.

"What happened in there, Mase?", I asked him while quickly shuffling around my seat to turn to him. I grabbed tissue paper and wiped the blood trailing down his jawline. "It's alright. I'll tell you in the morning", he said dismissively, "We need to go home."

He started the car and we drove away from the club. We reached home after a few minutes of driving. As soon as the car pulled into the driveway, Mason quickly got out and jogged to the bathroom.

I was not able to suppress thinking that he was upset about something that happened at the club which he did not want me to see. I closed the gates and followed him inside. As I walked closer to the bathroom, I heard water running. I knocked softly on the door.

"Can I come in?", I asked in a low voice. All he said was, "Yeah" in a slightly affirmative tone.

I walked into the bathroom to see the sink fully red with blood. Mason's nose was still bleeding. He was gripping both sides of the sink, his head was down, while staring at the floor.

I walked until I reached beside him and hugged him. "Does it really need to wait until tomorrow morning, Mase? Can't we speak about it now?", I asked while comforting him on his lower back. He was still arched over the sink.

He nodded slightly, then grabbed the whole box of tissue papers on his way out of the bathroom with me.

We reached the bedroom. I sat on the seat next to my dresser while Mason sat on the bed, sticking the tissue paper under his nose while leaning against the headboard. I crossed my arms and waited patiently for him to speak. 

"I got into a fight", he said while looking down. 

I knew it. 

"With who? Liam?", I asked quickly. He hummed. 

"But why?", I was walking closer to him now. "He was a jerk to me, not to you", I explained. 

"That's the point, baby", he said while changing tissue papers from his nose. "Because of the way he treated you."

I felt my heart flutter. "You saw the way he looked at you at the club", he mumbled. "I couldn't take it."

I kneeled on the floor and hugged him by the waist. "Mase, you didn't have to do that. Look how you're bleeding now" I pulled away and pecked him on the lips. He kissed me back, then leaned against the headboard again. 

"Let me get changed so I can help you as well", I said while getting up from the floor. I quickly changed into a tee and a pair of shorts then went to help Mason change. 

I sat on my side of the bed while the bleeding from Mason's nose had eventually stopped. Mason laid down and threw his right hand over me and hugged my waist. I turned to face him and something occurred to me. 

"Did you get into this fight because of the way he looked at me or because of the way he is?", I asked. 

Mason thought for a moment and replied, "Both", and smirked. 

A/N: I'm finally back with a new part! I'm sorry, I've been way too busy these past few days. 

But let me know if you liked it, and as usual, if you found this part worthy of a vote, please vote. I have a goal to make this book ranked first in any category, and you can help me reach it. <3

Also, if you have any requests, let me know as well in the comments or direct messaging.