Her first period- Mason Mount

Requested by-

(Grace's POV)

After chilling in my study room, for hours, pretending that I was studying while watching my favourite show on my tablet, I decided to go and see what mom was cooking for dinner. Since my mum loved baking, I was expecting a sumptuous dinner that I would gobble down in minutes. 

I went down the stairs into the kitchen while a lovely smell permeated the whole area. I could already feel the water in my mouth. As I entered the kitchen, I saw my mum standing behind the counter, cutting some parsley, while dad had his arms around her waist, both of them smiling. 

"Hey mum, what are we gonna have for dinner?", I asked while casually walking nearer to them. Just then, dad's eyes widened and he said, "Come here, love", while he put his hand on my shoulder and brought me away from the kitchen, into the dining room.  

"Honey, I'm about to tell you something, don't be scared as it happens to everyone", he paused for a moment, then said, "Well, technically not everyone. Stay here. I am gonna call your mum"

As soon as he said that, he left the room and went to fetch mom. Just then, I felt a small but sharp pain in my stomach. As I looked down, I noticed the bottom of my T-shirt and a part of my jeans drenched in blood. I was scared to death. I didn't know what was happening. I felt like I was about to die, and I would no longer see mum and dad anymore. BUT WHAT IF I REALLY DIED?!! I screamed in terror, fear took over all my emotions and I felt like my soul was slowly ebbing away. "I'm dying! DAD! MUM! Help me! There's blood everywhere!", I screamed and soon after, Mum and dad both came rushing to where I was and kneeled on the ground to reach my height.

"Grace, this is what you call periods. And don't worry you are not dying", Dad said to me, smiling at me as if nothing happened. "He then handed me a small square-like something, which was wrapped in pink, soft plastic. I wondered what that was until he told me, "That's called a pad. And you wear it so it collects the blood instead of letting it spoil your clothes. Do you understand?", he said while caressing my hair. I was still very scared. Then mum stood up and led me to my bathroom. She helped me wear one and took my clothes and put them in my laundry basket. 

"Mom, I am still scared. I am not gonna die right?", I asked. "No, baby, it's alright. Even mum has periods. But I'm not scared, right. Do you see me scared?" I nodded 'no'. 

I went downstairs again, this time, mum was by my side. I then went with both of them to the sofa to watch a movie. Dad took me on his lap and covered me with my favourite blue blanket and asked me, "You okay now love?" I replied, "Yes, dad" Mom was watching from the other end of the sofa and was smiling. "But I don't know, I want to eat something sweet, like chocolate"

Dad chuckled and then went to the kitchen to get me some. A minute later, he came inside the room, his hands laden with all types of chocolates.

________

(Grace's mom, Layla's POV)

Mason and I were both laid on the sofa. We continued the movie after dinner and Grace was already asleep. "We should probably put her on the bed now, she's been there for a while", Mason said. 

"I know and I want to thank you, Mason, for being an amazing father. You took great care of her today", I said while pecking Mason's lips. "I know. We were both so young when we had Grace, she's all grown up now. I can't believe it", he replied softly, careful not to wake her up, "I'll put her to bed." He said while getting up from the sofa and picking Grace up along with her blanket which she absolutely loved and he mouthed, "I'll come in a few"

He then climbed the stairs and went out of sight. After a couple of minutes, he rushed back down and came to cuddle me again. "She was muttering "I'm fine" during her sleep. I think she's still quite scared of her periods"

"We'll try comforting her tomorrow morning. I don't think we should send her to school as well. I mean, I just think she is adjusting to a lot in her life". I stated. 

"As you wish, baby", Mason accepted. 

After that, we went to our room to sleep. After a couple of hours of deep sleep, my eyes naturally opened. That was all usual to me, I was about to change my sleeping position to be closer to Mason when I heard him muttering to someone on his phone saying,"...You know, I wish I could tell her how bad I want another child... You might think it's easy...I just-I'm scared of how she'll react. We both need to be ready for that...No, Dec, it's not like I don't like Grace. I just want a son who plays football with me...You got me wrong again... I do play football with Grace. She's good at it. But I want to play football with my son...I mean, I sincerely don't mind another daughter, I'm not gender discriminating, I just want a son to play football with...Yeah, alright. See you tomorrow. Sorry if I woke Lauren up...Yeah, bye"

He then sighed and put his phone on the bedside table. I didn't know how to feel. Just then, even I felt like having another child again. "Mason", I said. He quickly turned to me and asked, "I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I ignored his question and went straight to the point, "We can try again, Mason. I would love to" Even through the darkness, I could feel him smiling broadly at me. He then hovered on top of me and said, "Right now?" I nodded accordingly. 

__________

(3 and a half months later)

I was holding a positive result in my hand. I was so elated that I could feel my whole body shaking. Mason would be so happy knowing that I was pregnant with his baby again. He would be over the moon too. A couple of tears fell from my eyes and I decided to tell him the news right away. 

I went next to him on the sofa, I would have loved it if Grace was there as well, but she was staying at her friend's place for a sleepover. So, I thought maybe I would keep it as a surprise for her, and tell her on her birthday which was coming up in a few days. 

"Mason", I said while handing him the test results, he was on his phone and gave me a concerning look as he knew I had been taking tests for the past month but they all were negative. That morning, I felt like I was in heaven. As soon as he saw it, he screamed, "We're going to have another baby?!", and pulled me into a hug. "Yes, love, we are. I am as happy as you are", I said. 

"I am so happy to have you in my life. You, Grace and our baby as well. I know last time when you gave birth, I was on international duty and I couldn't be by your side while you were in labour. But baby, this time I promise I won't do that", he said which made my heart melt and I could not help but let another tear fall from my eye. "I love you, Mason", I said closing my eyes while resting my forehead on his. 

"I love you more than you can imagine", he said and held my waist protectively. 

_______

A/n: I hope you loved this. It was my first time writing about how It feels like being a parent and I tried my best.