The fight- Mason Mount and Declan Rice

Maya's POV

I have been dating Declan since last week, and surprisingly my ex was Mason Mount. Mason and I broke up a month ago and I started dating Declan just three weeks after. Declan confessed his love to me but admitted that he would date me to tease Mason at the start and when Mason would move on from that break-up, he'd call me his officially to his fans. Declan really was a great best friend to Mason.  

Declan even told me that he never knew he had feelings for me until I started dating Mason, but it was too late. After a year and a half of waiting, he finally dated me. Even though I was going through a hard time from my break-up, Declan tried his best to please me. He'd buy me red velvet cupcakes every time we met and he even asked me to move in with him, but I refused because we were going a bit too fast. But I still spent a few nights at his home last week. Declan was a nice boyfriend and he cared a lot about me, but sometimes I wondered if Mason would not do the same for me. If not, wouldn't he do it better? Didn't he care the same for me too? And wasn't I the one at fault? 

I knew that I was living the best life with Declan, but I felt very guilty because I was the reason Mason was heartbroken. He played fine in front of me and acted normally. But we dated for eighteen months, and I knew him as well as himself, if not better. 

I knew that I hurt Mase deeply. I apologised a lot, but those were not enough to make it up to him. Mase needed care in that moment of life, and I was supposed to be the one to care most for him, and here I was, chilling with Dec. 

***

London Stadium roared with fans, the West Ham chants were deafening, the Hammers screamed with joy and happiness was rushing through their veins. They could feel history being written and people praising their adored football club, West Ham United Football Club.  

I was there that day, on the stands supporting Declan wearing a West Ham shirt with "41" on the back. I still had not changed my team but I wore the West Ham shirt just to please Declan.  West Ham vs. Chelsea. West Ham defeated their rivals ruthlessly and Chelsea was humiliated so badly. 

It was 3-0 to West Ham at half-time. And by the end of the match, it was already 6-0. Declan scored twice, Soucek scored once, followed by Coufal, and twice again by Bowen. Chelsea was awarded a penalty at the near end of the match but Jorginho missed it. 

The whistle blew, and the Chelsea players went back to the changing rooms again while the West Ham players stayed on the pitch while celebrating with their fans, cheering with them and giving away their shirts. 

As I saw Mason walking towards the tunnel, I followed him there. I went inside a couple of seconds later and nudged his shoulder from the back to get his attention, "Mase", I said. He walked a couple of steps further and ignored me. I nudged his shoulder again from the back and said, "Mason. It's me, Maya". He turned himself so he could face me. 

He looked at me for a couple of seconds while tears were falling from his eyes as he spoke, "Maya, I need you. You're my everything and I lost you."

"I know Mase. We decided this very hastily, it's my fault for asking for the break-up. I felt like everything was going downhill for me with you. And I am sorry. I know that I am totally at fault. Mase, I am terribly sorry", I said while my voice faltered and I held Mason's collar at the back of his shirt while leaning my forehead to his. "I'm sorry", I faintly whispered. 

______________

A/N: That's it for part 1 of this story. A big plot twist in the next one guys and make sure to stick around for more. Don't forget that I am accepting requests. Feel free to let me know if you want anything because I am running out of ideas.