Coffee Shop - Mason Mount

(In this scenario, Mason is around 17, working at a coffee shop in London.)

Alexandra and I were walking down a bustling London street, filled with throngs of people scurrying past us. After a frazzling day, all we felt like doing was lazily lay in bed while sipping Hot Chocolate, without the dim thoughts of having to work part time with school pop in our minds continuously. 

"In the mood for a coffee?", Alex asked me while we were nearing a coffee shop. I nod and we enter the shop, our lungs immediately filled with the pleasant smell of coffee beans emanating inside it. We took a seat at a table which overlooked the counter, ready to have a gossip about the day. 

I stared deeply at the Mahogany wooden table in front of me.                                                                          I stared deeply...                                                                                                                                                                      Deeper... and deeper... lost in the thoughts about my uneventful life...

Alex nudged my shoulder. My gaze went right back to her. She pointed to a waiter standing beside me. "I'll take a hot chocolate please, with medium sugar", I said tersely. He jotted my order on a notebook and walked past me. I only saw the back of his head until he went back to the counter and started preparing our order. He had dark brown hair, and from what I could make out, hazel eyes. His lips were pressed together and was walking back and forth along the counter to make our drinks. I was already imagining what it would feel like if he was my boyfriend. I was probably taking it too far. He was undeniably cute.

I stared again, this time at him. After another deep trance, I saw Alex looking at me with a smirk, back at him, then at me again. She raised her eyebrows, amused. I rolled my eyes and rummaged through the contents in my backpack to find a book to read while waiting. After reading each paragraph, I looked back at the counter to snatch a glimpse of him. The third time, I caught him already looking at me, and he smirked. I quickly dived back into the book I was reading. 

A few seconds later, Alexandra nudged my elbow violently with hers and kept giving me side eyes. I looked beside her and found him coming back to us with our orders. He placed them on the table along with our receipt. Something was written on it in blue ink.

He smirked at me again and walked back to another table to take new orders

He smirked at me again and walked back to another table to take new orders. Alex nudged me for the second time and smiled without making eye contact. I took my laptop out of my backpack and did some school work that I was behind in and prompted Alex to leave the shop with me.

"I mean... he's cute though", she says while we were walking down the crowded street again. I hummed in response. 

"And I've never seen someone give his number like that. That makes it even cuter", she adds while taking my phone out of my backpack. "C'mon, add him to your contacts and give him a missed call", she said while shoving my phone into my hands and taking out the receipt from her red, plush handbag.