Writer's Block - Phil Foden

A/N: Look who's finally back!

I'm sorry I haven't been writing this book for a few weeks because I started another fanfiction and I had been focusing on the other one.

I had also been in a writing slump so I wrote a one-shot. 

Also, thank you for 74K reads, I never thought I'd get so far. Again thank you, and I love you. 

***

I switched off my laptop and leaned back in my armchair. I stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before sighing deeply. I was suffering from writer's block.

During my relationship with Phil, I managed to accomplish my dream of becoming a full-time author. I published my first book after finishing my Bachelor's Degree at the University of Manchester. It was a huge success!

Since then, I have written around half a dozen books. Then, I released my best-selling book: Lost Love, which gained hype on TikTok and other social media platforms.

Three months after the release of the book; I was contemplating whether to write a new book or wait until I was full of ideas to start another. Nevertheless, I started a new document and wrote whatever came to my mind. After hours of thinking It was still blank, and my laptop was turned off while I was procrastinating. I heard the front door open downstairs. Phil was home from training.

I walked down the stairs into the living room in which the sunlight penetrated to the fullest, and even the white seemed brighter. Phil was taking off his shoes in the doorway. Shoes inside the house were a nuh-uh.

He turned around to see me. "Hey, love," he greeted then hugged me by the waist. "Oh, I almost forgot," he said then ran to his car. He opened the boot and took out a small bouquet of white roses. My heart warmed at the sight.

"That's for my lady," he smiled then handed them to me.

"I love them," I gave him a peck on the lips. "They're exquisite," I smiled while my fingertips caressed the fragile petals of the roses.

"Fancy words," he commented then walked into the house. I kept the flowers in a vase and added water to them while Phil was showering.

I plopped onto the sofa and tried to think of ideas for my book. All my free time was spent brainstorming a plot. At that point, I started to feel overwhelmed by the idea of satisfying my readers with the story they wanted. There was a substantial amount of pressure on me; I didn't want to disappoint.

So I thought and thought.

It brought a few tears to my eyes but I almost instantly blinked them back. I sniffled. It was irrefutable.

I felt Phil's hand on my shoulder. A few seconds later, he showed up in front of the sofa and snuggled beside me.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked as his hand automatically reached my lower back, his thumbs rubbing circles, which sent chills down my spine.

I didn't even realise that my eyes were already welling up again. This was a bad idea. "Nothing, it's just... my head hurts really bad," I lied so as not to worry him. 

"You're lying."

"I'm not," I replied with a light chuckle. 

"You can speak to me," he asked in his usual calming voice. 

I gave in, "I'm in a writing slump. I can't figure out a new plot, and I'm worried my readers will forget about me." 

He pecked me on the lips and then pulled me closer to himself. "You're an amazing writer, love. I'm sure that's never going to happen."

"I know. I'm just too anxious and I keep overthinking it."

"Never forget the thing that I love most about you; It's that in everything you do, you always have a solution for it in case something goes wrong," he pecked my lips again then lifted me up from the sofa into a bridal style to our bedroom.

He placed me on the bed and spooned me. "It'll be fine, don't worry about it," he whispered in my ear when I fell into another trance again.

I closed my eyes and mentally repeated what he said to me. Soon I fell asleep in his arms. 

***

I know that it is very short, I wrote it just to motivate myself to write more. 

I'M BEGGING YOU TO VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU <3