Abusive- Mason Mount and Declan Rice

Request- myself. 

Maya's POV

I have been dating Declan since last summer. We had a wonderful relationship at first until everything started going downwards. As they all say, all good things must come to an end. Declan was the cute, fluffy, and cuddly boyfriend at first, who dedicated every single second of his spare time to me, but recently, he has changed. He came home late at night, drunk and not even in his senses. I was worried at first if I was the reason that led him to excessively consume alcohol but I could swear we hardly had any communication now. Everything, everything has changed. 

It was a Tuesday evening, West Ham just lost humiliatingly to Manchester City, and I expected Declan to be home as late as he has been coming home since last week, usually around one to two o'clock in the morning. But boy was I wrong; he came home just a couple of hours after the match, his face dropped, and I ran to him immediately to hug him. He swore right in front of my face, to me. I was not used to that. I had been seeing the drunk side of him lately, but him, cursing so bad at me, was not at all usual. A teardrop escaped my eye and I nearly let out a sob. 

After a couple of minutes, I finally put myself together again, hoping that it was simply a very, very angry Declan Rice. 

I went upstairs to our bedroom and asked him, "Dec, are you fine?"

He replied angrily in all his force, "My team just fucking lost, and you ask me if I am fine?!"

He stood up from the bed and stormed away from the room. Was it my fault? Was I the wrong girlfriend? Was I not enough? I could not piece it together. 

My encouraging mind still didn't give up. I still believed that maybe he was angry, and maybe he wanted to be left alone. Maybe I was just too clingy to him. He would probably realise his mistake. So I wore an oversized white tee and fell asleep in it in a totally worrying trance. 

I woke up in the morning feeling a slight dip next to me on the mattress. It was Declan sitting on the bed, his feet crossed and his back leaning against the headboard. In his hand, he held a large bottle half filled with alcohol and had frequent sips from it while gazing blankly at the white wall in front of him. I was worried a little bit, but after remembering what happened last night to West Ham, I thought maybe he was still in agony. I still asked, "Declan, why are you drinking so early in the morning?"

He did not reply, in fact, he didn't even move his gaze from the wall to pay attention to me. I was already annoyed by this action of his. I snatched the bottle from his hand and sat next to him. I asked the same thing again.

He looked at me through gritted teeth. I could not believe him at all. That was not the Declan I knew. 

He tried to snatch the bottle back but I lifted it in the air, out of his reach and his gaze met mine again. This time he stared furiously at me like he was about to explode with anger, and so he did, in the most shameful way, he held his hand up and smacked me hard across my face. My cheeks were burning red. Tears suddenly started streaming down my face and I was sobbing uncontrollably. My grip around the bottle loosened up a bit and he snatched it back and left the room. 

______________

A/N: That's it for the first part of the story. Hope you liked it. A vote is always helpful. I will work on the next chapter when I am free.