A Date With Mason - Mason Mount

After that evening, my life never remained the same. Not in a bad way, no, but in a good way; the best way and the most unexpected way. I was getting ready for a date night with Mason. We have been dating for 6 years now and all this was usual. Lately, he behaved a bit odd around me, and that made me slightly worried but not that worried that I started acting weird around him. That kind of odd that drew me closer to him. Mason never revealed where we were heading on our date but asked me to be ready at 6 sharp in the afternoon and he would not be a minute late in picking me up. He said he didn't want to waste a moment on that particular afternoon.

I wore a white satin mini which Mason got me from Jacquemus a few months ago but I never got any opportunity to wear it. So I decided today was the best day. It was a gorgeous short dress which was backless and was drawn together by strings which made my back exposed. I didn't really mind it because it gave out a nice contrast and made the whole outfit a lot more special to me. I loved looking beautiful for him. I then went to the bathroom and blow-dried my hair in immaculate bouncy curls which I knew he loved. I applied a small touch of makeup, adding up to the one I already wore in the morning, mainly because I was too lazy to remove it and add new layers of the same thing. I wanted to keep everything natural but flawless at the same time.

 I lived alone in my apartment so I was in charge of everything. I strutted around the house, closing all the windows and the doors leading outside except the front door, which I would lock only until I had gone out. Meanwhile, I grabbed a bar of Snickers and started biting the chocolate. I could have this all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It was already 5:58, so I quickly grabbed a crossbody white purse, in which my phone fitted perfectly and a pair of white heels which didn't make me much taller than I already was, if not- I'd be taller than him.

I get out of the house and walk to the end of the driveway, waiting for Mason to arrive in his car. Just as I reach the end, I saw his sleek black Mercedes pull up into my street. I quickly started to feel my heart rate drastically increasing, yes, it hadn't ended even after six years. Mason and I do not get to meet that often, although, we get to talk every night before sleep. I live in Brighton and Mason and I met once every two or three weeks. I was really grateful for his loyalty toward me and hoped it stayed like that forever, not that I doubted him, but I always know that men are attracted quickly. And I appreciated the effort h put in every day not rejecting his feelings for me and showing his love to another girl. That's what I loved about him, that's what made him special to me.

He got out of the car and handed me a small, cute bouquet of white roses. "Flowers for my lady", he said smiling. I returned his smile and he opened the car door motioning for me to get in. I got in and he closed the door, went to the driver's side and got in after me. His behaviour was strangely gentleman-like today. I wondered what he had on his mind.

The rest of the drive was awfully quiet. I hated quiet drives. I was willing to speak first many times and I assumed he wanted to do so too, but my mouth ended up remaining shut when finally, after twenty minutes, he broke the silence and said, "Holly, are you sick?" I nodded. "I don't know what got me silent today", I replied. He laughed. "Is it me?"

"Of course, not" 

"Then talk to me, it scares the hell out of me seeing you silent like that"

"What do you want me to talk about?", At that moment, everything felt like our first date together. Simple conversations and my silence. 

"We're here", he said stopping the car. I didn't get out but instead waited for him to come open my door. He did so, and it was after that, that I laid my eyes around the location. 

A serene atmosphere, peaceful and quiet. All I could hear was the sound of 

-waves?

Did he bring me to the beach? I turned around and noticed the sand. It was almost sunset and most of the warm colours were beginning to appear in the sky which was joining the sea. The light reflected on a table and two chairs on the sea. So that was where we were having our date. Everything was unusual but simultaneously exceptional. On the table, were placed a few platters which I anticipated contained food. Mason had warmed my heart and I had a sudden urge to peck him on the lips and hug him to say thank you. And so I did. 

After that, Mason led me to the table and we started to eat. We had amazing spaghetti bolognese and after dinner, my stomach felt full. He poured me a glass of wine and shifted his chair toward the sea so he could observe the twilight. It was already red at that time, ready to disappear to let the night sky take on. After minutes of staring at the sea and hearing the passionate sound of waves crashing on the shore, I looked at Mason, smiling. It was amazing how he knew what I liked and gave me the exact same. When he realized my eyes were locked on his jawline, he turned to me and said, "I have to tell you something, but before that", he got up from his seat and kneeled down in front of me, fumbling in his pockets for something. 

No. It wasn't what I was thinking it was. No frickin' way! He wasn't going to propose to me. I felt a sudden rush of excitement and I stared blankly at his hands which were scrambling around his pockets while my whole body froze and my mouth could not even open to gasp at him. It was like time was about to stop. Every second lasted like ten of them.  I was being proposed. 

He finally got out of his jean pockets a red ring box and opened it in front of me, stretching his arms a bit toward me. Suddenly, tears rushed down my cheeks.  "Holly, will you marry me?", he was grinning widely at my face which registered a sudden emotion of happiness and excitement.
"Yes, yes, I will, Mason."
I put my hand forward and he slid the ring through my finger and pulled me in a tight hug.
That was the happiest day of my life. And the best one.

A/N: It's been a long time since I published the last chapter. I didn't really get the time because I was revising but I was still working a little bit on it every once in a while.