Chapter 37

Taehyung was deep in his thoughts and was unable to sleep that night. He looked at Jin who's back was turned against him. He remembered his conversation with Jungkook after their dinner.

Flashback

"I don't understand, Tae." Jungkook said when Taehyung followed him at the rooftop of the hotel.

"What, Jungkook?"

"What is happening between you and Jin?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Jungkook, me and Jin, it's kind of complicated right now. This is the first time I have decided to be in an..." he breathe in and put deeply. "...exclusive relationship."

"Whatever do you mean by that? Are you guys dating now?"

Tae just nodded at him. Jungkook looks really mad at Taehyung as if he wanted to punch him but he did not do it.

Jungkook just sighed. "How did this happen?"

"It was just few weeks ago. I pushed Jin. I asked him to try it with me and maybe he'll forget about you somehow. Jin needs this. He hesitated because he doesn't want to hurt me. It was not the first time I asked him to be in a relationship with me but it's the first time I got so serious about it. I like Jin and I'm willing to protect him, even if it's from you. I gave you all the chances you need to make things right. But you still made all the wrong decisions---"

"I was trying! You know that!" Jungkook said angrily.

"Maybe you should try more. Right now, the only solution you know is marrying Eun Woo." Taehyung said. "I will be with Jin until you figure out what to do with your life." He then left Jungkook and went straight to his hotel room.

Taehyung's POV

I looked at Jin's sleeping position. I can't have his heart that easy but I can't take looking at it breaking multiple times just because he thought he's the only person he can love.

I am not used to this kind of relationship but I'll try my best to make him happier.

I stared back at the ceiling thinking more if I have made the right decision. Something that I did not do for years.

I suddenly felt movements on the bed beside me and when I looked, Jin was staring at me.

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" He asked.

"I will be sleeping soon."

"What's going on? Something happened at the dinner and you're not telling me."

I turned my whole body so we are now facing each other.

"When you agreed for us to try this, what were your thoughts?"

"I'm scared to hurt you or even use you for forgetting about him. He is your friend for a longer time than me. I don't know if I will be able to love---"

I had to stop him there. "Jin... love is not easy. I am not asking you of it right now. I am willing to wait. I guess i just want an assurance that you will be fine. I want you to focus on something else rather than just him until you realize that life is more than him. I am willing to show you what love can bring you if you only choose the right person who can give it to you."

He touched my cheek and looked at me with sad eyes. "I don't want to hurt you someday, Tae."

"You won't." I assured him even though I know that this would eventually lead to that considering what I have offered to him.

••••••••••••••••••••
Author's POV

The wedding of YoonMin couple was very magical! Everything seemed so perfect.