Chapter 6

Jin immediately answered the call when he saw who was calling. He's currently in a restaurant with his mom and they were enjoying talking about his siblings' experiences in Japan when Jungkook called.

"Kook, what's up?"

"I said lunch on me." Kook said on the other line.

"Sorry, I forgot. Eomma is home for 3 days and I got excited to have lunch with her."

"You're with Mrs. Kim?" He asked.

"Yes, she's with me now."

"Please tell her I said hi." Jungkook said.

"Why don't you join us instead? We're actually near your office." Jin offered but then realized what he just said, he covered his phone and whispered to his mom "Eomma, is it okay?"

"Of course, it's Jungkook-ah" she said smiling widely.

"No. Just enjoy your time together. I'll take my lunch alone so you'll suffer in guilt." He said dramatically.

"Whatever, Jungkook. Don't be an actor."

"I'll just see you later." Jungkook said, then hang up.

"He'll come over?" Jin's mom asked.

"I don't think so, Eomma. He's being dramatic. I'll meet him after lunch anyway."

They continued eating and just talked about whatever they missed on each other.

Jin got back in his office after his lunch with his mom. His next meeting will be in 1 hour, with Jaehwan. He was expecting Jungkook to be with them to make sure that the review of the agreement between the lawyers will be done as soon as possible.

He was just about to unlock his laptop when Ms. So knocked. When she entered, someone was following him with wide smile on his face.

"Jaehwan, come in. You are early. Thanks, Ms. So."

"I actually had an early lunch and thought to come here early so that we can talk a little bit before the actual meeting."

"Take a seat. Just need to check some emails."

"Thank you. I also brought some food. I assumed you had your lunch already so I just brought desserts which we can share."

"That's sweet. Thank you."

Jaehwan sat on the couch inside Jin's room and prepared the cakes he bought.

When Jin went to where he is, he was touched that Jaehwan still remembers the flavor he liked from secondary school.

They started eating the desserts together while they talked about their memories from secondary school. Jaehwan told him his senior high school experience when he migrated to the US.

"It was hard at first, since I'm not really good speaking their language, but it got well through time."

"That's nice. I also lived there for more than a year, to finish my Masters in Business. It was not fun at all for me since I'm alone, unlike you who lived with your family."

"Yeah, I got the feeling. That's what I felt when I entered Harvard."

"Let's not think about the sad moments. Have you had any girlfriends or boyfriends?" Jin asked him.

"Not at all."

"Wow! You're such a career person!"

"Not really. I was just not attracted to anyone and was probably focused in becoming a lawyer. I was desperate to go home here."

"Why? Didn't your family migrated in the US?"

"They did... I just want to meet people here again. It's a different thing. It still feels like home, especially the people. Like you, you feel like home to me." Jaehwan said and looked directly at Jin's eyes.