Chapter 31

Flashback 8 years ago...

"Will you be seeing the freshmen today to invite football players, Jeon?" Their coach asked.

"I will, coach."

"Good. I heard there are some scholars already since they were really good players. Please check on them first."

"Yes, sir!" He said before running away and checking the freshmen.

He was looking at the doors for the room details when he suddenly bumped into someone. The person dropped his eye glasses. Jungkook picked it up and when he handed it over, he remembered seeing the most beautiful man he has ever met.

Few months later... that person became his friend's boyfriend. At least he get to spend time with him, but only because they are connected through Namjoon.

Kim Seokjin, he saw in the name tag. A name he won't ever forget.

••••••••••••••

Jungkook held Jin's shoulder and pushed Jin away from him while still maintaining his eye contact.

Jin was curious.

Jungkook smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

"Kim Seokjin." He said and Jin just frowned at him.

"Wha..what?"

Jungkook was about to respond when his phone rang. He grabbed it from his pocket and they both saw who is calling. He did not answer it, instead he put it back on his pocket. "Go back to Taehyung's." He said smiling at Jin. "I won't bother you again."

He left Jin standing in the middle of the kitchen, confused as to what just happened. When he realized what Jungkook just said, he immediately ran and wanted to pull Jungkook back but he's no longer there.

•••••••••••••••

Flashback 5 years ago

Jungkook just kept on looking at Jin. He's definitely drunk but Jin's face is still so perfect for him.

"Will you date me if ever you're not with Namjoon?" Jungkook asked Jin.

"What was that?" Jin asked since he is not focus on Jungkook.

"I said you are so handsome and kind. Namjoon is lucky to have you. If you are my boyfriend I will make sure I won't let you go." He repeated.

Jin did not know why he blushed and did not utter any word.

••••••••••••••••

"Hey, Jin?" Jimin found Jin in his own living room crying , curled in a ball on his couch. He rubbed his back and smiled at him when Jin sees him.

Jin was surprised to see Jimin in his house.

"Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Taehyung asked me to get you. He gave me your code."

Jin looked at him still with tears. "Tae, do not know my code." He said in a mumble but Jimin heard it.

Jimin felt sorry for his friend. Jungkook called Taehyung few minutes ago and asked him to check on Jin and explained what happened. He heard the conversation and since Tae can't drive to Jin, he offered to go instead.

Jimin is confuse. Based on what he heard, it looks like Jungkook is actually very much concerned about Jin but he is not sure if it's because they were really close or if Jungkook have stronger feelings for him. Everything is vague for him. Even though he has known Jungkook longer than Jin, he was never open to him. They don't know what is happening to him unless they see it on television.

"I kissed him and he rejected me." Jin said distracting Jimin from his thoughts. Jin stopped crying. "I'm willing to be the other person if that's the only way to have him back."

"Jin, stop. That's not right. I'm sure Jungkook won't like that, too. He rejected you because he doesn't want you to be hurt more."

"But I am hurting more." Jin said touching his chest.

"I know. But living with the thought of being just the second option will hurt you more than now. Stop treating yourself so low just because of love. Let him go."

Jin just nod but Jimin was sure he is not really understanding the situation.

"Let's start by changing your code?" Jimin asked. He realized that Jin's code is Jungkook's birthday.

"He set that code. I don't know how to change it." Jin said looking at the door blankly, remembering the day he moved to this apartment 2 years ago.

"I don't know how to change it! This is hard!" Jin said in frustration trying to change the code.

"Jin, there's manual. Read it." Jungkook said.

"There's a lot written in the manual. I don't want to read it."

"Aish! This brat! Let me change it! Give me the manual!" Jungkook said and he also updated it to his birthday upon understanding how to update the code. He smiled at Jin feeling proud of what he did and Jin just rolled his eyes. Internally Jin is happy. Jungkook's birthday is one of the few dates that he remembers clearly.

"Let me check. I think I can update it." Jimin said and looking at the system's model.

Jin just observed him and letting him do anything in the coding system of his lock. He doesn't have the energy to do anything. He's tired and he should give up.

He laid again on his couch then just stared blankly at the ceiling.

"I got it!" Jimin said. "What code do you want?" Jimin asked and Jin sat on the couch just looking at him. He's still emotionless but Jimin smiled at him, encouraging him to talk.

"0614" he said just staring at the door.

"Done!" Jimin declared. "Don't forget about it, okay? And starting today, only I would know about it." He said winking at Jin.

"Thank you." Jin said.

"What's with June 14?"

"It's the day I dropped my glasses."

"What?" Jimin asked out of the vague response.

"It's the seminar for freshmen in college."

"Oh, you still remember that? I actually can't remember mine." Jimin said taking a seat beside him. "You are that good with dates?"

"I'm not. I even tend to forget my mom's birthday. That was just a special day for me." Jin answered.

"I see. It's good. Then, I think you won't ever forget your code." Jimin said smiling at him, not knowing for sure what really happened that day.