2

The passing moon
~
Lycus
~

Adriana was secured at Lycus's side with her arm draped around his in a tight hook. 

She kept him on a tight, unyielding and invisible leash.

Perhaps because she knew how untameable he could be.

But these past few days, Lycus could feel himself being more compliant. More docile. Tamed.

Lycus couldn't recall how how got here, in the castle, by her side. He was dressed to perfection, in a silk sleeve button-up shirt that matched the dark wide trousers. His face was shaven, his messy black hair combed back and he couldn't even remember how it all happened.

His collapse wasn't the last. These past few days, further gaps in his memories plagued his unsound mind and darkness took him whenever it wanted.

He couldn't remember much. He didn't know how many days had passed since he first arrived.

From the previous, no other bite marks claimed his skin. If they had, he would have been passed out. But there seemed to be none. He was up and awake with no marks, only internal ones.

For them, Lycus thought. This is for them.  

Lycus peered down at his ... date. Adriana's cherry red hair was curled and hooked over her bare shoulder. She walked with grace, eloquence and out of time with Lycus.

She dragged him along, her black sequin dress draping down her body like a sheer cloth. It wasn't tight or retraining around her body, it was a thin and lucent piece that showed off the decayed parts of her.

A decaying, rotten parasite, Lycus brooded and took his seething eyes off her.

They strolled into a large and lit room that boomed with lighting, music and too many people to count.

Adriana's toxin was slowly wearing off, and Lycus's senses were coming back to him. He could smell lycan, werewolves, vampires and even humans.

And alcohol, drugs, bloodletting and the clinging stench of sexual activity.

Everyone danced to the upbeat, pumping music and an influx made a path for Adriana and her date.

They became a spectacle and it wasn't in the way Lycus was similar to.

He was used to the bows, the nods of respect and even the sinister glares.

These leers were hungry.

A starved, waiting to stare down of everyone wanting a piece.

They stared at Adriana like she was a gift, and at Lycus as though he was a piece of meat to be torn apart so everyone had a little piece of their own.

Many people in this room were vultures just waiting for Adriana to finish Lycus off.

The dancing, drinking and staring carried on as they stalked through the crowd until they settled in a dreary, clothed corner of the party.

"You have these events often?" Lycus questioned.

He was almost amused. She claimed her fanatical obsession toward Rexton, but here she was, dancing night by night to some of the worst, enraging music Lycus had the displeasure of hearing and creatures that stalked the night he could snap in half without a second thought.

But he couldn't do that. Not with the invisible noose tied around his neck.

"Life's a long party, Lycus." Adriana cooed and guided him to a plush, velvet couch. "But tonight's different because you're here."