42

Her creatures
~
Rexton
~

"You ... made me?" Rexton sucked in a sharp breath, a row of needles stabbing into his chest as he didn't dare breathe out.

Stabbing, puncturing holes into his body, but he wouldn't suffer like another did. He would heal ... because he was a hybrid.

Rexton shook his head back and forth, the club around him spinning.

No, it couldn't be. It has already sunk in. It couldn't.

The strike of white lights emitting from the ceiling brought Rexton's hazed gaze back to Adriana ... back to his creator and blotches of white stained his vision, blinding him.

At least he didn't have to see her as she said, "Yes, with the blood of our creator."

"A living being? The blood of our creator?" Rexton questioned.

What on earth did that mean? Rexton closed his eyes, feeling water rush to the surface, but he blinked them back. He wouldn't give anyone in this club the satisfaction of seeing his tears. He opened his eyes with a vacant stare.

"When she walks the earth," Adriana responded, her voice oddly thoughtful ... emotional.

Rexton blinked. She? When she walks the earth? His brain buzzed, his heart accelerating at a rate where Rexton couldn't keep up. She wasn't from around here.

The sickness passed, the anxiety eased and then he was detached, from what weaved him to his nervousness that stabbed deeply in the chest.

"Our creator?" Rexton questioned slowly, the pain in his chest easing into a shallow ache.

"We call her Lilith."

"Lilith," Rexton repeated, wanting to test out the hellish waters of her name on his tongue.

Adriana beamed, flickering an excited glance to the oracle, but Ravyn sat frozen in place.

Warrin was right. In nearly every aspect. His words spoke truth and Rexton wished it to be nothing more but a lie.

He wasn't about to mention Warrin to Adriana, he had to know more about ... Lilith, of his beginning and how it could bring hell upon them all.

"Please, tell me how?" Rexton begged.

It hit him square in the chest. He had to know. He had to know everything about how he came to be. This wasn't for answers, this was for relief, deliverance of all that pained him into confinement.

He was the late bloomer, the lycan that couldn't turn, the son of the Fenris Alpha that was unworthy of the title. He was sheltered, beaten and spat upon by Roman, ignored by his mother and relentlessly protected by his brothers.

He had to know why he was tainted with vampire blood. Why he couldn't control his bloodlust. When he consumed human blood why couldn't he control himself, control the being that morphed into not a demon or beast, but a demonic monster.

This wasn't for anyone else, but him.

"How did I come to be this — thing?"

Adriana acutely sat up, face frowning in displeasure. She came close, her bloody breath hitting his lips and she cupped her hand around the back of his neck, pulling his face up to hers.

"You're not a thing, Rexton, you're a hybrid and I made you,"

Rexton gulped, anxiety creeping back into him.

Adriana grinned and released his neck. With her sharp claws, her nails dragged across his cheeks, toward his lips.

Purring, Adriana moved away and sat back down, crossing her leg over the other.