19

Fury befriends misery
~
Accalia
~

Tristan's set of dark brown eyes were dimmer than ever before, losing its taunting spark that managed to drive Accalia up the wall. His brown skin was washed out and was replaced with specks of blood.

"Take it easy, Sissy." Tristan crooned and braced her at the arms, steering her away from the entrance of the medical room.

The lighting brightened as they came into a hallway and Accalia blankly followed, Rexton nearing by as well.

She didn't know if it was because he couldn't go in there just yet, or to keep Accalia steady just as Tristan was doing.

But she didn't need to be coddled, she needed answers, and a damn good reason on how Cole could be freed.

"Tristan," Accalia breathed out and slipped her elbows out of his grasp, letting them tremble at her sides. "How is Erisa doing?"

Tristan crossed his arms over his broad chest. "She's asleep right now. It's only been three hours since the attack."

The bite mark could knock anyone out. Not from the pain, but the blinding attachment of canines breaking into the skin. She would have shocked herself into unconsciousness.

Accalia received the call from Tala as soon as they weren't aiding a bleeding Erisa into the healer's cabin and could even think of clutching a device. Werewolves and lycans were locked away in their homes whilst patrollers stalked the lands, bridging close the bounds to see if Cole would make a return.

Accalia wasn't about to fool herself into believing he wouldn't test his luck and try. He escaped, killed and bitten a human. He would be on the run, but he wouldn't be far, his wounds would slow him down. But once he was healed, what was stopping him from a war-igniting return?

Accalia didn't wait for her head to answer her calling and pivoted on her heels, storming into the medical room.

Cadence was wiping her eyes when Accalia stalked in. The back of her hand harshly hid whatever tears dared strayed down the huntress's face and her jaw clenched tightly, features hardening.

"Cadence," Accalia called for her cousin.

Cadence's head turned and intention stalked those onyx eyes, her features ridden of any display of emotion if even she had shed a tear.

"Glad you're here," Cadence remarked grimly, no sincerity in her voice.

Accalia strolled the rest of the way in and got a clear view of everything even through the dimly lit haze. It was designed this way, lights dipped low to not ... irritate Erisa's eyesight.

The healer wasn't here, her duty would be to come and go. The Beta sat poised in the corner, her dutiful gaze on Erisa as if she hadn't blinked once — too entranced in the safety of another.

"I came as soon as I could," Accalia responded thickly and gave a short smile to Tala who tensely returned it before placing her attention back on Erisa.

"You wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway ... just like me," Cadence said glumly and rose to her feet, releasing Erisa's unmoving hand.

Erisa appeared peaceful, but her head would be raging, fighting away the shadows invading her. Her spill of black hair haloed around her, the dark garment concealing the bite she sustained and a blanket covered her from head to toe.

"She's alive, Cadence, and that's all that matters," Accalia informed her, knowing that not to be the truth at all.

Cadence knew it too. "That's not all that matters."