chapter thirty one

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  chapter 31 ❱  ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ 𝙲𝚁𝚄𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁 ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which the british public
actually manage to make
one right decision.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

. ˚ ⁺ . ✦ .  .  ✦  .⁺  ˚ .   
          . ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦ ✦

(if you're dry this chapter i won't publish the first chapter for my tyrique book for another week. i've actually done a good thing for once so love and cherish it whilst it lasts xx)

          "THE WINNERS OF LOVE island are..."

lani sucked in a breath, feeling scott's arms tighten around her waist from where he stood behind her. the day had come - after spending three repetitive months in the villa, it was finally time for the love island final to end.

zach and molly had came fifth, something lani was a little bit shocked about. tyrique and ella came fourth which was not a surprise, they had only just turned exclusive as of last week and hadn't even said i love you to each other yet. jess and sammy came third, meaning lani and scott were down in the final two alongside whitney and lochan.

she wore a long, silk, red dress that the producers had given her. the dress complimented her figure well in which scott felt the need to remind her of every so often.

during their earlier talk with maya, the two sat and watched back their love island journey. scott's first day came up, and lani couldn't help but grin as she watched back how much they fancied each other at the start. then they watched their arguments, most of which was actually them flirting through insults which they didn't realise until now. maya showed them how they used to look at each other without even realising it and how jealous the both of them got before they confessed.

they got to watch back their confession and some moments between them since officially becoming boyfriend and girlfriend - this also included the scavenger hunt scott created, their fond smiles bright as they reflected back on that moment.

lani knew she wasn't at all that nervous as she stood there with her boyfriend, she wouldn't have cared if they came fifth; she had already won by finding her man, so why else should she care?

she didn't need to win love island to prove that her feelings for scott were actually real, nor did he have to do the same. they had been on one rollercoaster of a journey together, and maya had said that only they could have pulled it off. they were messy and they were chaotic, but that's how love works. it makes you crazy, almost stupid.

lani was stupidly in love with scott van der sluis, and scott was crazy for leilani hunt.

who cared about winning now when they had each other? sure, it would be nice to win, but they didn't need to. it would just be an extra bonus for them to complete their journey as a whole.

that morning scott had supplied her with breakfast in bed before later on - right before the final - they spilled their hearts out to each other with a speech. they didn't get everything off of their chests due to the fact that they were on camera and all the other islanders were watching them, they both knew if anything was left unsaid then they would tell one another in the intimacy of being alone.

lani impatiently waited for maya to just shout out whoever won so they could call it a day. she didn't realise she looked bothered until scott gave her a warning pinch on the hips, causing her to look at him with a smile as he fondly rolled his eyes.