chapter twenty three

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 23 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝙲𝚁𝚄𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which snog, marry, pie
gets messier than what
was already expected.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

(if you're dry this chapter i'm discontinuing this book LOOOOOL xx)

                        LANI STOOD WITH SCOTT and smiled as ty led the islanders cheers for that night. scott had his arm wrapped around her waist as her back rested against his chest, their glasses raised in the air and they cheered along with the rest of the islanders.

however, of course, a nice moment in the villa will never last as a text soon broke them all out of their excitement. lani groaned and threw her head back in annoyance, it landed on scott's shoulder and he stoked her hair in mock comfort as she slapped his hand away, causing him to laugh.

lani saw the text on scott's phone and sighed before he even read it out. "can all islanders gather around the firepit immediately?"

"brilliant!" mitch exclaimed.

lani was annoyed she had to sit next to ashton. she made sure that there was a decent amount of space in between them, ignoring his arm that was resting on the seat behind her. she looked at scott who sat across from her and sent him a reassuring smile, causing him to grin at her.

"islanders, it's time to recouple. the girls will now pick which boys they'd like to couple up with."

lani looked towards her right and shared a smirk with whitney. thank fuck, she thought, smiling to herself because she knew exactly how this was all going to play out for her.

lani had been waiting for this for weeks, waiting to finally make her own decision - a decision smarter and better than the ones she had made in previous recouplings. cough ashton cough. but that didn't matter now! she was a changed woman and was ready to be the best version of herself with her trustful man by her side.

that very same trustful man decided to flip her off before he walked up to stand in a line with all the other boys.

how romantic!

(note the sarcasm)

lani watched the entire recoupling go down until it was only her, abi and mia left to pick. the last three remaining boys were scott, ashton and josh. leilani couldn't help but pray that she was next, knowing that abi had a thing for scott and would most likely do anything to take him from her.

thank god it seemed like the producers could hear her thoughts, because she was next. lani stood up, making sure to cast a side-eye glance towards abi, and cleared her throat before looking up, making direct eye contact with scott. they stared at each other for a moment and she looked away with a smile.

leilani took a second to think about what she was going to say. "i'd like to couple up with this boy because - even though he gets on my last nerves every day - i still couldn't imagine my life without him annoying me. like don't get me wrong, he's a prick. but he's charming so i guess i'll let it slide," she started, causing a few people to laugh as scott shook his head at her with a smile. "he makes me smile all the time and he treats me better than any boy ever has before. for the longest time i thought that i hated him, but i didn't. i was just too blind to notice that what i've wanted has been directly in front of me, flipping me off all along," lani joked again as more people laughed; scott stared at lani with such a love-struck look in his eyes, only the cameras managed to pick up on it. "i am falling deeply for him, and i think it's safe for me to say that apart of me already has. so therefore, the boy i'd like to couple up with is..."