chapter twenty

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 20 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝙲𝚁𝚄𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which a recoupling in the
villa doesn't go as smooth
as planned.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

(if you're dry this chapter i'm deleting this book FOREVER xx)

                               LANI COULDN'T STOP HER mouth from watering as she stared at scott. he was wearing a red jacket - that lani was definitely going to be stealing from him in the near future - and he looked gorgeous. his arm found the comfort of her waist as he directed them to a secluded area, away from the other islanders.

"you look beautiful," scott said as they sat down. he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and placed a delicate kiss on her temple, making her smile.

"i like your jacket," she complimented, running her hands over the material. "i think it makes you look less ugly than usual."

he deadpanned at her. "thanks, love."

"welcome," she teasingly winked at him.

scott stared at her, silently admiring her beauty. he couldn't stop the smile playing at his lips as he did so. she was far too gorgeous to not stare at, and he couldn't believe he could now say she was his girl. well, maybe not yet. they weren't official. but they would be soon. he wasn't going to let her slip away from him that easily; scott would be an absolute idiot to ever let a girl like her go.

"don't you think it's weird?"

he soon snapped out of his love-sick trance at the sound of her voice. he frowned. "what's weird?"

"that we went from hating each other to suddenly falling for each other," lani admitted quietly, her voice trailing off at the end of her sentence.

"i never hated you and i've told you this," he was quick to answer. "you always stood out to me."

she smiled. "yeah, i guess you caught my attention but i was too stubborn to notice."

scott grabbed her chin and placed a kiss on her lips; they both smiled against each others lips. he pulled away first and stared at her fondly. "well i'm happy you finally noticed," he grinned. she went silent. he looked at her in concern. "leila? you okay? what's wrong?"

"shut up! i'm trying to think of what taylor swift album you'd be."

"what?"

"i feel like us together is so reputation coded. and then i'm a 1989 girlie through and through, but all my friends have also told me there's a little hint of reputation with me as well. i don't know. i'd say i'm more 1989 then reputation. but i really don't know which album you'd be. i feel like there's a hint of maybe lover in there, but your red jacket now has made me think maybe you're red. i don't know. it's too confusing; i'm so baffled."

scott just listened to her as she ranted. he nodded along, even though he didn't really know what she was on about. he knew who taylor swift was but he wouldn't call himself a fan. it seemed to him as if lani was very passionate about this, and he found himself wanting to learn more because of this.