chapter five

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 05 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝙲𝚁𝚄𝙴𝙻 𝚂𝚄𝙼𝙼𝙴𝚁  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which lani and scott have
their first of many arguments
yet to come.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

                            "HOW ARE YOU TWO arguing already?" joked lani. "you've been sat together for not even five minutes."

her question was aimed towards ty and ella. it was obvious that ty was jealous because ella wanted to get to know scott - it was clear all over his face. but ella just then had to remind him of the many girls he's gotten to know in front of her face which only added more fuel to the fire.

ty pulled a face at lani, causing her to pull one back as sammy laughed at their childish actions. a text then interrupted lani from insulting ty.

"i've got a text!" announced ella. "can all islanders gather around the firepit immediately."

"you've got to be fucking kidding me!" leilani yelled in frustration as she stood up and followed the rest of the islanders to sit in their couples around the firepit.

"nice shoes," laughed zach, pointing at lani's pink, fluffy, bunny slippers as he sat down next to her.

"do one mate," she retorted.

ashton sat down on lani's other side, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as he brought her in closer to his side.

"islanders, it's time to recouple," scott read out the next text. "the boys will now pick which girls they'd like to couple up with."

lani silently stood up, along with the rest of the girls as they all stood in front of the boys. she put herself in between whitney and leah, sighing in boredom.

she wasn't surprised when zach got with molly, nor was she surprised when mehdi stayed with whitney. she was a little bit shocked when sammy had chose jess, but nothing could compare to the surprise she felt when mitch claimed that leah had a good body before picking her.

"fucking idiot," she cursed, watching as leah and mitch sat down next to each other.

next to couple up was ashton, and lani didn't miss the glares ty and scott threw his way. she sighed at this, but nevertheless leilani managed to focus her attention on ashton and his speech for her. "i'd like to couple up with this girl because not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she is on the inside as well. she makes me a better person-" ("clearly she's got some more work to do then," stated whitney in mehdi's ear quietly as he hid his laugh) "-and even though it's early days, i couldn't imagine my love island journey without her," ashton explained. "so the girl i'd like to do couple up with is... lani."

the short haired girl grinned as she walked over and wrapped her arms around ashton's neck. he pecked her on the forehead and sat down with her wrapped up in his arms. he smirked at this. she was right where she should be.

the rest of the recoupling went rather smoothly considering there were only two girls left. tyrique obviously stayed with ella (his speech definitely didn't make lani smile at all) and scott picked catherine due to her being the last girl and they've apparently been cracking on recently.