Chapter 56

The next morning we did the usual. Wake up eat a little to safe food even though we have gotten more. I was on hunting duty today so I was going out to scavenge. We have job rotations. Clean, train, hunt, cook, and medical. Today I was on bunting dirty with a few other boys but we all jobs that kept us busy most of the day. Only some times do we have a big bin fire where Peter can play his pipe and we dance and have a fun time. I got my bow and arrows that I always use and went out. We went by ourselves to spread out and find more stuff. So far nothing but I kept walking. Further till I couldn't see the camp. Soon I heard footsteps. I ran and ducked down behind a tree. None of the boys should be on this side that only means Hooks group. I slowly looked around and just as I said it was Hooks group and like I thought they had a few more boys at least 15 of them. I panicked Rhett where heading for the camp and I had to warn them. So I decided to distract them. I waved my hand and made a tree branch fall down in front of them. Then I sprinted towards the camp.
"Look get her!" I head someone scream. I ran even faster. But I heard footsteps coming closer behind me. I pushed till my legs burned and I pushed till me lungs felt like they where about to burst. I could see the camp but it was still pretty far and I kept tripping and twisting over the branches and brush. But I needed to warn them but they would catch us. So I screamed. As loud as I could. I kept running and screamed. Soon I caught the attention of some boys.
"They are coming!" I screamed. Soon I saw Peter come out he waved his hands and everyone behind me flew back. I ran into his arms. "You okay?" I nodded my head. All the boys lined up preparing for the fight. All having different weapons. Some looking ready. But some looking scared I was too. I don't want to kill anyone but if I want to stay alive i know gonna have to.

Sorry this is late but I'm busy.
-Mac😬