Dinner at Grandma's House

Începe de la început

"Yes grandpa, it's your Sarang." Sarang happily said while she immediately went in for a hug which her grandpa returned.

"Oh my sweet child, how long has it been since you saw your old man?" Grandpa said in the typical grandparent voice.

It was then he noticed that someone else was standing behind Sarang, smiling at their reunion.

"And who's this young man? Your boyfriend?" Grandpa Choi asked while smirking at Sarang who immediately started blushing and sputtering.

"Harabeoji, it's me Jungkookie." Jungkook introduced himself, breaking into a bunny smile that Sarang found absolutely adorable.

"Jungkookie? Oh is it really you?" At Jungkook's confirmation that it was indeed him, grandpa Choi immediately went to hug him, patting his back and welcoming him in

"Yeobo look who's here." Grandpa Choi called out, and soon an old woman holding a spatula came rushing in.

"Sarang?oh my how long has it been?" Grandma Choi said the same thing as her husband as she came practically ran to hug her granddaughter. "Let me take a look at you." She held Sarang at an arm's distance before examining her from top to bottom. "Oh my poor child you've lost so much weight. Look at your limbs, you used to be so chubby when you were with me."

Jungkook was silently laughing as Sarang tried to shush her grandma who had finally noticed Jungkook, and made her way to him.

"Jungkookie?" Grandma Choi asked, looking him up and down. And at his nod she immediately went ahead to hug him, almost choking him with how tight it was.

Jungkook couldn't help but think that for someone as short and petite as her, the grandma sure had a strong grip. He now knew where Sarang got her strength from.

"Aigoo, Jungkook-ah how long has it been since I saw your face? Look how thin you've become." As grandma said this, she hit Jungkook's butt with the spatula she was holding, making him yelp and jump a bit in surprise.

"You promised you'd be over every weekend, why did you not come for so long?" As grandma admonished him, Jungkook kept a smile on his face, finally he hugged her tight.

"I missed you and harabeoji too, sorry that it took me so long to come over halmeoni." And just like that grandma Choi melted. She wrapped her arms around Jungkook, spatula still in hand as she mumbled "as long as you come back, it's all fine."

Grandpa Choi who had been watching from sidelines, joined their hug.

Sarang stood at a distance, watching the wholesome scene unfold. She almost teared up and to change the mellow mood she scoffed a bit.

"One would think he's your grandchild and I'm some stranger he brought home." Though Sarang said this in a mean tone, there was no malice in her voice.

"What do you mean? He is our grandchild." Sarang's grandma said as she affectionately patted his back, the spatula in her hand hitting the back of his head.