Unbeatable

SARANG SETS FIRE ON AKARAKA STAGE

By Kim Jaewook

Choi Sarang is on a steady rise to become the top artist of the country. She's already one of the biggest A-list celebrity and the top soloist of Korea within just four years of debut, something totally unheard of before Sarang came along.

Sarang's fanbase (known as Sarangdan) is pretty diverse and has people of all ages, but the biggest share of it is those who are in their late teens to late twenties, especially those who are college students. Which is why it shouldn't be surprising at all that Sarang is the leading choice for major college music festivals.

Reportedly, Korea University along with a couple of other universities had tried booking Sarang but due to her busy schedule she had only accepted Yonsei's invitation. During one of her past interviews Sarang had briefly mentioned that she'd love to perform on Akaraka one day and seems like her dream came true.

The Lethal Love idol who is not only selling millions of albums, but also recently graduated from the prestigious Yonsei university as the top of her class. The university revealed that Sarang had scored the highest marks in her course in the history of university. She had apparently scored a perfect score, which is not easy at all.

This Saturday saw the idol returning to her Alma Mater, but not just as a graduated student going back to relive the memories; no, the to star returned to her university as the main headliner of the famous music festival.

When the crowd heard the notes of Just Do It, they all erupted in loud cheers as Sarang made her way on the stage. The idol wore a beautiful white off shoulder dress and performed some of her best hits back to back.

People praised her live vocals and called her as Goddess of Performance.

One of the most goosebumps inducing moment was when Sarang sang New Life Begins and everyone sang along at the top of their lungs. Somehow it felt like the crowd had quadrupled in a matter of seconds as the cult classic, song began.