Confessions and New Year's Kiss

Jungkook immediately withdrew his hands and ran upstairs muttering something about "checking something."

Sarang was left all alone in the middle of the living room and so she decided to play some jazz music as she poured herself some wine. She was lost in thoughts when she was startled as Jungkook placed a cheese and fruits platter in front of her. She thanked him before pouring him a glass of wine too.

For the next hour both Jungkook and Sarang sat silently by themselves as they enjoyed the warmth from fireplace, the delicious taste of wine and fruits and silent but lovely company of each other.

"Shall we do some karaoke?" Jungkook asked and Sarang instantly agreed.

She needed a distraction right now. Distraction from how good Jungkook smelt, distraction from how good he looked, distraction from the discussion earlier.

She was sure she'd go crazy if she thought too much about what Jungkook's brother has said earlier.

She watched silently as Jungkook switched on the karaoke machine and punched in some numbers. For the next hour or two the duo had a mini concert as they sang to their heart's content.

Exhausted and slightly dizzy Sarang sat down as Jungkook continued his concert. Sarang took out her phone and recorded her best friend as he danced around happily while singing so beautifully.

She swayed her hands as she enjoyed the private concert from the closest seat possible. She laughed a bit thinking how many people would probably kill Sarang to be at her place right now.

It was her fortune to have someone as kind hearted and precious person like Jungkook in her life.

"Do you want to dance with me for a bit?" Jungkook asked out of blue startling her a bit.

"Sure I guess." Sarang agreed and accepted his hand as he put on the instrumental for Emergency Room by IZI.

"Really emergency room?" Sarang laughed at the song selection as he guided her towards the center of the living room.

"Don't focus on the title." He chided her lightly as he Sarang laughed some more. For a moment Jungkook stood still as he watched the way Sarang threw her head back and laughed to her heart's content. If he could see her laugh like this everyday, he'd be the happiest man on this planet.

Sarang finally calmed down and placed her left hand onto his shoulder as she held his other hand from her right hand

Sarang finally calmed down and placed her left hand onto his shoulder as she held his other hand from her right hand. She finally looked into his eyes and suddenly forgot how to breathe for a moment.

Has his eyes always looked this beautiful? Has he always been this breathtaking?

As they danced slowly for a bit Sarang lost herself into his eyes. They were so expressive, so honest. His eyes truly were the windows to his soul. Which is why it was surprising to her that it took her so long to realize what he has been trying to say through his eyes all this time.