The start of it all

One thing Sarang will always be grateful for in her life is her loving family. Though they were not well-off and had financial troubles, her parents loved her immensely and did their best to provide for her to the best of their abilities.

It has been three months since they moved to Seoul from Daegu. Her father is a regular office worker while her mother runs a small tteokbokki/snack shop. They enrolled her into a nearby middle school and though it wasn't one of the popular schools, the teachers and students were really kind.

Sarang checked herself in the mirror one last time before rushing out of her home, to catch the bus or else she'd have to walk three kilometers and she was already running late today.

( Sarang's school uniform)

Luckily she caught the bus and let out a sigh of relief. As she got off the bus and started walking towards her school she greeted her classmates and seniors with a small smile and nod. She was busy adjusting the strap of her school bag when suddenly she almost fell face forward from the sheer force of someone jumping on her from the back. She knew who it was even before looking at their face.

"Park Youngmi I'm going to kill you today" Sarang said under her breath before turning and tickling her best friend till Youngmi was gasping for breath, her face all flushed from laughing too hard.

By the time Youngmi calmed down, they both looked like they've run a marathon. The girls looked at each other before bursting into laughter. As the laughter finally subsided, they both looked at the time before letting out a strained "Fuck!"

They held each other's hand and started running frantically. Laughing and giggling all the time.

They made into their classroom just a minute before their homeroom teacher entered

Still giggling and looking disheveled as hell, the two best friends tried to calm down and make themselves look presentable.

They always sat towards the very back. Though Sarang preferred sitting at the front as it was easier to take notes, but because Youngmi has this uncanny ability to fall asleep literally anytime, anywhere, they decided to stick to the back. Atleast that way she wouldn't be caught by the teacher.