Reality

2018 for Sarang was turning out much more hectic than she had thought, even though it was just January. She had lots of plans for this year.

She was still feeling a bit blue whenever she remembered about how her New Year started when Jungkook and her had the talk. But both of them had too much on their plates to care about all of that for now.

To put things into perspective, Sarang will be releasing her new album in February. This time it was a girl crush concept, something that was very new to her so had been working on it for a very long time.

People had only ever seen her as the "cute, sweet, innocent next door girl"  and as much as she loved her concept, she wanted to branch out and do more. She didn't want to be caged in one set image for the rest of her career.

Though it wouldn't be out until probably next year but Sarang had also been working on her rap album for a while now. Apart from her company not many knew of her talent for rapping. She had been practicing under the rapline for almost 7 years now, it'd be a waste to not share her music with others.

Back to 2018, after the release of her album Sarang was set to start her world tour. She will be touring for atleast six months.

In May she was set to release another Japanese album, and promote it in Japan all the while still touring.

If things worked out well, she would have to attend plenty of western talk shows. She had decided to not to take any acting role this year,though she was contacted by several directors and producers to produce and compose OSTs for their upcoming drama.

By the time she was done with her concert and promotions it'd be time for her to prepare for the plethora of music festivals and year end award shows. She simply had no time to rest. She wondered if it was normal to have such a hectic schedule? Since she was a soloist, Sarang had no one to rely on except for herself.

Yes her friends were there for her, but there were things which she had to do on her own. If things got tough on stage, there would be no one to hold her. If she felt like crying while performing, there will be no one to console her.

As Sarang diligently started working on her upcoming projects she couldn't help but think about Jungkook from time to time. Things were still pretty awkward between them, the members seemed to have sensed it but thankfully they didn't say anything. In fact no one ever spoke of their kiss after that night.

Sarang was disheartened, but seeing how jam packed her schedule was and how BTS had 10x busier schedule than hers, Sarang instinctively knew that had they gone ahead with their relationship, there was a very big chance of it becoming strained. Since BTS will be starting their world tour this year too, they'll hardly see each other.

Young, naive and scared of losing each other that they were, neither Sarang nor Jungkook thought about the possibility of how helpful they could've been to each other in this time. But one can't really blame them, if you put yourself in their shoes, you'd realize how difficult it must be for them to do anything without attracting the eagle eyes of media and public.

People were watching them like hawks, waiting for Bighit artists to fall from public's grace and make a fool out of themselves. Especially for BTS to meet their downfall, cause how dare two artists from such a small company rule over Kpop industry? Simply unacceptable.

People were blowing things out of proportion for no reason at all. On more than one occasion Sarang had come across on of the BTS members slumped in a chair, looking so mentally and physically exhausted that it made her heart hurt.

On countless nights Sarang had stayed up with Jungkook, comforting him as he cried in her arms. Imagine the pressure if the world was always watching your every move, dying to see you fail, for you to take one wrong step so they end your career. He had been in spotlight since he was fifteen, he never got to experience things a normal teen would. There always were mammoth sized expectations placed on him, willingly or unwillingly.

On those nights, Sarang would hug him tight and hum a song that she made specifically for him. He didn't know that yet as he had only ever heard her humming the melody. She wanted to take away all his pain and only leave him with happiness. It broke her heart to see him breaking down like this.

She wished they could be more honest with each other's feelings

She wished they could be more honest with each other's feelings. She wanted to talk to him, hug him, console him whenever she wanted without people invading their privacy and a thousand articles talking about their personal life.

For now all she could do was hug him tight and let him know that she'll always be here for him.

Fame comes at a cost and for her it was lack of privacy and having to stay apart from the person she cherished the most

Fame comes at a cost and for her it was lack of privacy and having to stay apart from the person she cherished the most. Hopefully things will workout in the future and they can be more open with each other.

Jungkook was a very introverted and shy person, he was his biggest critique and would often stay stuck once faced with a problem. Sarang wanted him to feel free, free enough that he can move on from things that only end up hurting him more he thinks about them.

-❤-
A/N:- This chapter is a bit short, but i hope this cleared things a bit. Sarang and Jungkook are both very shy and closed off people. For them to throw caution out of the window at this stage is a bit difficult, but they'll learn it soon enough.

Also guys remember how tough 2016-2018 period was for tannies? They were all emotionally strained and went through a lot, it's only natural for them to be more guarded.

As time passes things will get better 💗

Special shoutout to got_the_feels 🥰

-❤-