College Music Festival

Sarang's popularity in Korea and around the world was touching the sky. Especially in Korea, there hardly was a person, old or young who didn't know who Sarang was. Around 40% of her fans were in their late teens and twenties, a large number of them being college students.

Which is why Sarang was the first choice for organizers while selecting the headlining act for college music festivals. Sarang had been busy last year due to her tour and didn't accept the invitation sadly. However this time when Yonsei reached out to her to be the headliner Sarang immediately agreed.

Yonsei University, one of the top three universities of Korea, had a decades old tradition of holding a music festival every year. Though most of the universities held their own festivals, but Yonsei's Akaraka music festival is arguably the most famous one.

Akaraka is nothing short of a full blown private kpop concert. The tickets are just ₩17,000 at max and you get to see lots of famous kpop artists perform while enjoying with your college mates.

Sarang herself had attended the festival three years in a row as she too was a student at Yonsei and had enjoyed having fun with her friends and fellow college mates while singing along with all the songs.

Sarang had graduated the college this year with flying colors making her an alumni of the prestigious university.

This year however, things took an unexpected change when Sarang received a call from Yonsei's student council asking her if she could headline the event. Sarang had been hesitant at first since she'd never headlined such a big event but eventually she had agreed.

And that is how Sarang found herself standing backstage as the host introduced Sarang without giving away her name as people don't know who is performing until they go out on stage.

"Nervous?" Sarang looked up to see her friend looking at her with a raised brow.

"No, not really. Were you?" Sarang asked instead.

"Who me? Huh as if." Sarang chuckled as her friend dramatically flipped her hair.

"Don't lie, you used the toilet thrice in a span of 30 minutes cause of your nerves before we arrived here." Yeri exposed Joy making Joy sputter in disbelief.

"Yah I did not do that. And I wasn't nervous at all." Joy protested.

"Yes you did." Seulgi said matter of factly.

"And you definitely were nervous." Wendy chipped in while Irene and Yeri hummed their agreement.

Sarang smirked at her friend before pulling her into a hug. "Don't worry I'm not nervous at all and I surely won't be visiting the toilet seat thrice in a span of 30 minutes."

Joy groaned as she turned to look at Yeri, pointing an accusing finger at her, "Now she won't let me live this down."

They all just laughed good naturedly at Joy, comforting her that it happens to the best of us. Red Velvet along with Heize, Zico, AKMU, 10cm and ITZY were the idols set to perform at the show. All of them were done with their performances and Sarang was the only one left now.

"Sunbaenim, it's your cue." Jaehoon, a guy from English Literature department who was the head of student council and overlooking the entire event informed her, giving her an encouraging smile as she stood on stand by.

The crowd erupted in a deafening cheer when they heard the first chord of Just Do It (그냥 해), one of the tracks from her debut album. Sarang made her way onto the main stage and was met with a sea of blue, as everyone was wearing a Yonsei university shirt. The crowd was bigger than she had expected and for a moment Sarang's eyes slightly widened in surprise before she composed herself.