Soaring Popularity

2016 had been a busy year for Sarang, she not only released her album, made her acting debut, produced an OST album but had also made her Japanese debut

2016 had been a busy year for Sarang, she not only released her album, made her acting debut, produced an OST album but had also made her Japanese debut. Following the release of Home her second album in January of 2016, Bighit decided it was time for her to make her Japanese debut and she released her debut Japanese album called "Sakura" in April of 2016.

Along with the title tracks and couple of bsides of her two korean albums she released three original Japanese songs too

Along with the title tracks and couple of bsides of her two korean albums she released three original Japanese songs too. The album recieved great response and was in the top 10 at the year end charts of Japan.

It had been some time since she last released a korean album, almost a year since she got busy with her acting career. Technically though despite the long break she had released several song including the Japanese album and the OSTs.

So in February of 2017 Sarang made her second comeback with "Drunken Haze." This was her first full album and had 12 tracks in it. The title track was also called as Drunken Haze and it was a R&B track.

This was the turning point of her life. Her song debuted on #1 at melon and spent thirteen weeks on top. She got her first ever perfect all kill with Drunken Haze and by the end of the year it had 367 PAKS.

A song receives a Perfect All-Kill (PAK) when it has charted at number one on the daily and real-time charts of all major Korean music streaming platforms like Melon, Genie, Bugs, FLO, VIBE, and YouTube music, as well as number one on Instiz's real-time and weekly iCharts.

The song took Korea by a storm and it instantly became a hit. Multiple songs from her album went viral especially the pop ballad song 'My Mistake' and charted exceptionally well. She debuted at #20 on Billboard Bubbling Hot100.

For a long time the charts looked like they were dominated by the Bighit artists as Spring Day, Drunken Haze, Blood Sweat and Tears and My Mistake kept fighting for the number 1 spot on charts.

Sarang was invited to several variety shows and she attended all of them, her bubbly personality charming everyone.

Following the immense success of her album Sarang went on to her first ever concert tour. She held her first ever concert in Seoul and then in Japan. She then travelled to Phillipines and Thailand and to winded the mini tour in America. She wanted to travel even more but her schedule for the year was already jam packed.